Cordless Rotary Polishers vs Corded - LIVE Online Detailing Class with Mike Phillips

Mike Phillips

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
themikephillipsforum.com
Cordless Rotary Polishers vs Corded - LIVE Online Detailing Class with Mike Phillips

I am one of the few people given a prototype from FLEX in Germany, their (at that time), new CORDLESS PE-150 Rotary Polisher. Bob Eichelberg game me 2 protypes at the 2017 SEMA in Las Vegas always held the first week of November. Now 7 years later and having buffed out hundreds of cars and boats with this same prototype. And after using the Harbor Freight and Milwaukie versions of the FLEX Cordless PE-150 - I feel fairly qualified to talk about the benefits and features of battery powered rotary polishers versus corded rotary polishers.

Plus, something just as important, battery life!

We go live at,

1:00pm Pacific Time
3:00pm Central Time
4:00pm Eastern Time

Watch and interact on any Dr. Beasley's social media platforms.

Dr. Beasley's Facebook Page

Dr. Beasley's YouTube Channel

Dr. Beasley's Instagram Page

And remember, when you join us for the live broadcast you can interact in REAL-TIME! (can't do that after the fact).

Mike

full

Last edited:
***Update***

I ran all three brands of tools until their batteries completely died. I did this to make sure the batteries were dead. Even though all three brands have charge level indicators, my background in doing product testing told me to run them all down until dead to make sure the testing is fair by having known controls in place.

Millwalkie Battery
I placed the dead Milwaukee battery in its charger at 1:10pm and took a picture to document. After it reached full charge, I took another picture to show the end-time. The battery reached full charge by 1:42pm.

Total time to recharge fully dead battery: 32 minutes

FLEX Battery

I placed the dead FLEX batter in its charger at 1:22pm and took a picture to document. After it reached full charge, I took another picture to show the end-time. The battery reached full charge by 2:12pm.

Total time to recharge the fully dead battery: 50 minutes

Harbor Freight

I placed the dead FLEX batter in its charger at 2:54pm and took a picture to document. After it reached full charge, I took another picture to show the end-time. The battery reached full charge by BLANK.

It's 2:55pm right now. I just placed the HF battery in it's charger. Stay tuned for updates.

Mike

Last edited:
Back