Correcting polish

MAXMAX

Reaction score
Looking for a high quality correction polish to remove swirls and light scratches for a dark red Lexus. I have been looking and some have dangerous products to heath.
Suggestions? Tganks

You must be looking at some of those old-school 3M polishes. Sounds like you should be looking at the Dr. Beasley's NSP 45 and 90, or the Z1 AIO.

Everybody seems to like both of them, although Mr. Phillips noted recently that the 3D polishes mar on soft paint.

To be fair, it's not just the 3D polishes, from experience, a lot of polishes will leave marring in soft paint.

Sometimes it's possible the culprit is too aggressive of a foam pad or a microfiber pad.

Soft paints are the most difficult to finish out, they require the best in abrasive technology. The only way to find out is by doing a Test Spot and determining if the paint is in fact soft and then inspect for micro-marring. You can use a panel wipe to strip the paint to inspect, or even some odorless mineral spirits together with a swirl finder light.

Of course, black and dark colors are the easiest to see micro-marring, but it can happen on any color and also on both basecoat/clearcoat and single stage paints.

Me personally? I don't like buffing out cars with soft paint, you have to be more careful, and this usually means you have to take more time.

:)

Well, I will use several different polishes and
Pad combinations and see what the results are! Mike hope you ok with the storm?
Nick

Here's my updated article on abrasive technology

Abrasive Technology - THE most important factor when it comes to polishing paint

full

Just to note, the above picture is now missing on the original old version on the new updated geek forum. The picture is probably still in one of my albums, it's the coding that's corrupt.

Abrasive Technology - THE most important factor when it comes to polishing paint

Progress. LOL

Mike

Back