Hello From Eastpointe, MI

Lance Mark

Reaction score
My detailing story is pretty short.

A few years back, I started looking for a shop to coat my bike. I knew nothing about washes, decontamination, clay barring, correcting, etc. As I started to look into it, I realized: for close to the cost of what it will take to hire it done, I am well on the way to outfitting myself with an arsenal of some basic tools to get the job done.

Then I watched a lot of youtube.

Before taking a wheel and abrasives to my bike, I practiced on an old beater pickup truck until I dialed in on how to use what I was working with to correct a clear coat.

Since then, I've put about 40k miles on the bike and have polished and coated it a second time already. For a bike with 70k miles on it, it's in great shape. I was at a sound competition down in Indiana and a Thunder Roads photographer grabbed a great shot of my sled. It's not perfect, as it has a few days of riding all over it, but PA's Cosmic V2 and High Gloss were a great combo and have held up really well.

IMG_6079.jpg

Word gets around. I've done a few bikes for folks. I really don't have any interest in doing cages.

Here's a '99 rear fender of a metric I worked on last winter. The front fender is corrected only, no LSP.

IMG_3032.jpg

A trike and a street glide I did this past summer.

IMG_4143.JPG

img_4392_b95c0e496ba465c0e29f4bf79002b7a0adb1ebed.jpg

img_4419_13b1a274524f139abc6b8d2bbe3cb5cd33e7a2bc.jpg

Glad to be here and thanks for looking. :)

Hi Lance,

Spectacular work! I've only detailed a few bikes in my life and it's a niche I'm so freaking happy to let everyone else have. Way too much work for this guy. :)

Mike Phillips.

If you send me the bikes, I'll send you the cages. :)

You have taught me so much, my friend. I super appreciate you and am so glad to have found you here. :)

Back