I need help on choosing the highest quality fabric protectant for my client

Jacob Harrod AutoClean

Reaction score
Hey everybody I hope you all are doing well today! I recently did an amazing job on a client's vehicle vehicle however I failed to upsell on the upholstery and carpet protection package, as I didn't really think of it because no one has ever asked me about it before, except one lady who didn't seem pleased about the price I gave her, so it discouraged me from offering any type of upholstery or carpet protection in the future.

So here's something I learned. If you clean the carpets and upholstery, OFFER A CARPET AND UPHOLSTERY PROTECTION PACKAGE TO PREVENT FUTURE STAINING OF THE SEATS AND CARPETS!!!!!

You'll be saving your customers headaches in the future, because carpet and upholstery cleaning is expensive, and it's really easy to have an accident in the car. Especially accidents that are out of your controll such as guests, kids, and pets. Not to mention the fact that multiple aggressive cleaning process due to frequent accidents can result in premature deterioration of your vehicles interior surfaces...

Here's the message my client sent.

"So in love with my car! Thank you so much! I was going to ask you, is there any type of protectant I could put on my seats to prevent the water from staining it again?"

I'm wondering what the highest quality fabric protectant is that you'd recommend, and also perhaps some reccomended pricing I could offer for a carpet and upholstery protection package?

I'll probably send her a link to the product, and then offer to apply it so I can test it, and then if I like it I'll keep it in stock and offer it as a package.

I'll try to upload the pic of the seat she had me clean so you can get an Idea of the situation, and perhaps why she was so happy.

It was a fun little Honda Civic. It's up on my AutoClean FB Page if you want to take a look.

I too have used the Raggtop protectant and the 303 Fabric Guard. Both were used on the canvas convertible top of an ‘04 Thunderbird that was a light grey in color. In my experience the 303 was outstanding and really impressed me with the water shedding ability. In a rain the canvas top would bead water like I couldn’t believe. It also helped to keep the light colored canvas top clean and fresh looking. I regularly use 303 on cloth seats and carpet with good results! 3D30B439-6692-4B5A-84AF-764154389934.jpeg

I too have used the Raggtop protectant and the 303 Fabric Guard. Both were used on the canvas convertible top of an ‘04 Thunderbird that was a light grey in color. In my experience the 303 was outstanding and really impressed me with the water shedding ability. In a rain the canvas top would bead water like I couldn’t believe. It also helped to keep the light colored canvas top clean and fresh looking. I regularly use 303 on cloth seats and carpet with good results! View attachment 175
Thank you brother!!!

Back