Inspection light

Wow Chilly, thanks for that, I had no idea HF had something like that.
I would have bought one a long time ago except they won't ship to Alaska because of the Li-Ion batteries

Amazon used to carry that model as well but they don't ship Li-Ion tech to Alaska either

Guess I am back to detailing my igloo with rocks and kerosene torches

You need to make friends with Elon Musk and get him to dig a hyper-loop tunnel up to Alaska, from the lower 48. Of course then Amazon would probably tell you they can't send batteries in a tunnel.

I see Amazon has several that look the same or similar, from about $36 to $72.

You need to make friends with Elon Musk and get him to dig a hyper-loop tunnel up to Alaska, from the lower 48. Of course then Amazon would probably tell you they can't send batteries in a tunnel.

I see Amazon has several that look the same or similar, from about $36 to $72.
eBay has it but from $25 to $30 more than HF or Amazon and they might ship it but my light is fine for now

I had to buy my SPTA polisher in Hawaii off of an eBay seller because no one else would ship it

I’m surprised I was able to get my Shinemate battery polisher sent here, except it came from Canada, not the lower 48

I have a stop at a HF store on my agenda when we get around to a lower 48 road trip

What’s funny is I can order Li-Ion batteries all day long from on line battery stores and they could give a crap about shipping regs

I've had that HF light saved for a long time. I have been having fun with a UV light though. Amazon is a great source.

I have this one and have been very happy with it. $40 w/ the 20% coupon. The different color light output comes in real handy for different colors and background light condition. A lot more than I would have guessed. When I first ordered it I figured I was going to feel pretty stupid and find it was no different than using a standard flashlight. Be aware though that I have no experience with others to compare it to…

Thank you I appreciate the help
I acquired a black car recently. I had dark colored cars before but black is a different animal.
Any recommendations for a a high quality polish for black?

Any recommendations for a a high quality polish for black?

A good product for black or any single stage or clear coated car comes down to doing a Test Spot. Doing a Test Spot will/should tell you if the paint is on the soft side of the soft/hard spectrum or on the hard side of the soft/hard spectrum.

One product I can strongly recommend for any soft paint is to finish with the Dr. Beasley's SNP 45 - it excels at finishing out perfect on soft surfaces, including clear plastics.

Finished out the clear plastic window on this Amphicar using NSP 45

1964 Amphicar – Paintwork, Glass & Plastic Correction

I've detailed this GTO twice now, the second time because the shop where it was at for some repairs, wiped it down with a tatty towel and re-instilled zillions of swirls and scratches. The paint on this car is a single stage urethane and super soft paint. I finished this out with the Dr. Beasley's NSP 45 - other big name brands all left micro-marring.

Removing Windshield Swirls, Scratches & Wiper Marks on a ’69 GTO with Dr. Beasley’s NSP GL by Mike Phillips

No pictures, but my long-time friend Shawn who owns and operates a car wash in Hollywood, Florida, drive from there to here to pick up some NSP 45 to finish out a black Chevy Tahoe with soft paint. He ran into the same problem, that is, even the big name brands he normally uses was leaving micro-marring.

I show using it on the clear, flexible back window on the 1965 Oldsmobile 442

Just an option to consider after you find out if the paint is hard or soft.

Mike

Thanks Mike, I used 3D one to polish the black Lexus turned out well but I have some scratches on some of the curvy panels.i am trying to be very careful.
3D produced a great shine.

Thanks Mike, I used 3D one to polish the black Lexus turned out well but I have some scratches on some of the curvy panels.

i am trying to be very careful. 3D produced a great shine.

3D makes great products, that said, when I first detailed the 1969 GTO, 3D products were leaving micro-marring. Dr. Beasley's fixed it without leaving micro-marring. This is when I first started paying attention to how the NSP Primers worked on soft paints.

1969GTOsubglass071.jpg

1969GTOsubglass072.jpg

1969GTOsubglass073.jpg

So just pay attention and always be on the lookout for soft paint.

Mike

Reactions: Mak
I looked on Beeslys website I didn't see it?
I will use a DA ,not direct drive? Rupes
Pads??

full

On a Computer
Hover over the word shop wait for drop down list to appear.
Click on Paintwork Correction
Click on text link NSP 45 - not the Quick View

On a Smart Phone
Click the 3 lines in the upper right hand corner
Click on Paintwork Correction
Click on text link NSP 45 - not the Quick View

NSP 45

Mike

Thanks Mike, have you used 3D finishing polish, what pads work the best? For the finishing work? rupes??? Sorry spelling.

3D abrasive technology works well on hard paints. It micro-mars soft paints. I shared this with the 1969 GTO as just one car I've detailed and found this out during my Test Spot.

For the 510 or 520 - any foam polishing or finishing pad - depends on the Test Spot.

I have a HUGE Buffing Pad Video in the works with pads from,

Lake Country
Buff and Shine
Griot's Garage
RUPES
Meguiar's

Stay tuned...

And for what it's worth, I'm loving the Buff and Shine EdgeGuard pads.

Mike

Back