Interior Cleaning After Ceramic Protection Applied

chilly

Reaction score
I did a search and didn't find anything

My new car was treated with a ceramic interior protectant and I am curious what the crowd suggests for routine cleaning and maintenance of the treated surfaces

This was a wipe on ceramic product, not a spray and buff

The seats are Lexus Nuluxe, panels are various synthetics, and there is some Alcantara and I forgot to ask if that had been treated

I will start by saying the website of the company that supplied the ceramic product was no help and the dealer wasn't much help either

My normal interior cleaner is P&S Express cut 1:1 with distilled water or Megs Quik Interior Detailer

I know there are some "ceramic" interior detailing sprays out now and I don't mind getting a dedicated product if it's needed

Thanks in advance

Here's my take...

Any surface that sees a lot of friction, for example the driver's seat, the coating will be worn off or will be wearing off. It's simply the nature of physics. And when you drive down the road, if you pay attention, what you'll see, at least here in America, is one person in the car. Or one person in the truck or SUV. etc.

And my point is,

The driver's seat and anything the driver touches, steering wheel, center console arm rest, driver's door arm rest, etc., because these surfaces are "touched" each time a person enters and exits a vehicle, the coating applied to these surfaces will wear off first.

All the other seats and surfaces? The coating will likely last as long as advertised. It's just a physica thing. This is why ever since interior coatings we're introduced, I try to use the above outline of the real-world use of a car to the car owner to set their expectations accordingly. The last thing I want to do is tell a person the coating I applied to the leather seat in their brand new car is going to last forever. It's not. Maybe the back seat or passenger seat because rarely anyone uses the seats, but not the driver's seat and anything the driver continually "touches".

As for maintaining what you have, I don't use any P&S products, but I was still at Meguiar's when QID was invented. QID is mostly water with a little cleaner and a fresh scent. It should clean these coated surfaces while being genlte to them in the process. The applicator you use, for example a microfiber towel, it of course will provide micro-abrasion.

Let us know what you end of doing and using.

Mike

Here's my take...

Any surface that sees a lot of friction, for example the driver's seat, the coating will be worn off or will be wearing off. It's simply the nature of physics. And when you drive down the road, if you pay attention, what you'll see, at least here in America, is one person in the car. Or one person in the truck or SUV. etc.

And my point is,

The driver's seat and anything the driver touches, steering wheel, center console arm rest, driver's door arm rest, etc., because these surfaces are "touched" each time a person enters and exits a vehicle, the coating applied to these surfaces will wear off first.

All the other seats and surfaces? The coating will likely last as long as advertised. It's just a physica thing. This is why ever since interior coatings we're introduced, I try to use the above outline of the real-world use of a car to the car owner to set their expectations accordingly. The last thing I want to do is tell a person the coating I applied to the leather seat in their brand new car is going to last forever. It's not. Maybe the back seat or passenger seat because rarely anyone uses the seats, but not the driver's seat and anything the driver continually "touches".

As for maintaining what you have, I don't use any P&S products, but I was still at Meguiar's when QID was invented. QID is mostly water with a little cleaner and a fresh scent. It should clean these coated surfaces while being genlte to them in the process. The applicator you use, for example a microfiber towel, it of course will provide micro-abrasion.

Let us know what you end of doing and using.

Mike

Thanks Mike

Your point about maximum wear points is well taken

I didn't have high hopes for the product and process to begin with, purchasing them with the new car was my wife's idea, I just want to try to get the most value out of what I consider to be an overpriced product and process

I have yet to try any Dr Beasley's products but maybe this is a good point to take the plunge and support you and this forum

Regards

chilly

I didn't have high hopes for the product and process to begin with, purchasing them with the new car was my wife's idea, I just want to try to get the most value out of what I consider to be an overpriced product and process.

Exactly what I would do, especially with the price of any new car, truck or SUV nowadays.

🍻

Back