LIVE Online Detailing Class - Hard Paint vs. Soft Paint

Mike Phillips

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
themikephillipsforum.com
LIVE Online Detailing Class - Hard Paint vs. Soft Paint

Here's the entire video as archived on the Dr. Beasley's YouTube Channel.

Starting Wednesday, January 10th, watch LIVE and interact during the live feed 1:00pm Pacific, 3:00pm Central or 4:00pm Eastern on either of these social media platforms.

Dr. Beasley's Facebook Page

Dr. Beasley's YouTube Channel

Dr. Beasley's Instagram Page

In this LIVE online detailing class, we're going to show what happens when you use conventional abrasive technology on soft paint, which leaves micro-marring and then how to fix it. We will also share tips and techniques for doing paint correction on both hard and soft paints and everything in-between. Plus, I'll take you down the Rabbit Hole when it comes to the topic of hard vs soft paints and the ramifications of doing the mechanical decontamination step during the wash process. (ouch!)

I will also be talking about the problem with using foam cutting pads or microfiber pads when using an AIO to do one-step detail jobs.

Join us via either Facebook, YouTube or Instagram and interact LIVE with your questions and comments.

Dr. Beasley's Facebook Page

Dr. Beasley's YouTube Channel

Dr. Beasley's Instagram Page

See you there!

Mike

full

Last edited:
Just added a video to the first post of this thread sharing a car with soft paint and a car with hard paint for this week's live broadcast. Same video below.

For what it's worth, I've finished the Cuda, full write-up coming. I already detailed the 1969 GTO but the car was taken to a shop for some work and the shop staff thought they would do the owner a favor and wipe the car down before he picked it up and now the paint is totally filled with swirls and scratches. Ugh...

Mike

Will do. I learn so much from you. I don't know any other who approaches this range of topics like a true expert, and not just an 'influencer'. Thanks for doing these. You've definitely raised the profile of Dr Beasley's technology as well. It would be great to have an in-depth class on the difference between their abrasive technology vs for example Meguiar's.

Share with your friends so we can keep them going.

Will do. I learn so much from you. I don't know any other who approaches this range of topics like a true expert, and not just an 'influencer'.

Wow, thanks for the nice compliment, just doing my thing.

Thanks for doing these. You've definitely raised the profile of Dr Beasley's technology as well.

When people say they LIKE a product, what they are really saying is they like the Chemist. Jim is a great chemist. I tried 3 other name brand finishing polishes and even another brand of AIO and all of them removed the defects, but all of them also left micro-marring in the paint.

Like I said in the LIVE broadcast, a good chemist friend of mine once told me,

The difficult aspect for creating great formulas, (compounds, polishes and all-in-ones), is creating products that work on the widest spectrum of paints.

By this he meant, soft paint, hard paint and everything in-between. The first time I buffed this 1969 GTO out, I am so glad I brought the NSP Team with me otherwise I could not have fixed the paint on this car.

It would be great to have an in-depth class on the difference between their abrasive technology vs for example Meguiar's.

Meguiar's makes very good products. I've been told by another respected chemist, that they purchase their abrasive technology from the same places everyone else purchase their grains or powders from, which tends to be Ferro or St. Gobain. This isn't a bad thing, just common to our industry.

The abrasive technology used in the Dr. Beasley's NSP Primers is exclusive to Dr. Beasley's.

I probably wouldn't want to do LIVE class on the difference between our abrasive technology versus any other brand's abrasive technology, just not sure anything good will come from it at the end of the day. I trust most people will purchase what interests them, give it a try and make up their own minds.

🍻

Back