LIVE Online Detailing Class - How to clean polishing pads!

Mike Phillips

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
themikephillipsforum.com
LIVE Online Detailing Class - How to clean polishing pads!

full

Starting Wednesday, December 13th, watch LIVE and interact during the live feed 1:00pm Pacific, 3:00pm Central or 4:00pm Eastern on either of these social media platforms.

Dr. Beasley's Facebook Page

Dr. Beasley's YouTube Channel

This topic has been covered a lot but tune int to get my take on this important step.

I'll be sharing the Lake Country System 4000 Pad Washer and also the Grit Guard Universal Pad Washer!

Plus, I share how we process pads here at the Dr. Beasley's O.R. in sunny, Stuart, Florida!

:)

More...

Here's some current dirty pads we have in the O.R. here in Stuart, Florida.

Black Stained Wool Cutting Pads
The below wool cutting pads were used to remove sanding marks out of the black gelcoat finish on a 23' Sportsman Center Console.

full

full

full

full

As you can see, we have a few to clean...

full

Teal-Stained Wool & Foam Buffing Pads

At last week's LIVE Online Detailing Class, "How to Polish Tight Spaces" we shared tips, tools and techniques for how to do paint correction to louvers and other tight or intricate areas on a 1964 Amphicar with single stage paint. A part of this class was actually detailing the entire car. The Amphicar is painted with a teal-colored single stage paint. Thus, you can see the pigment on the pads, and we need to clean these pads now that the paint correction steps are over.

full

full

full

full

Red Stained Pad
Also, in the O.R. is a very rare 1969 GTO Convertible that we used to show how to remove swirls, scratches and wiper marks out of the glass windshield in the below article.

Removing Windshield Swirls, Scratches & Wiper Marks on a ’69 GTO with Dr. Beasley’s NSP GL Kit.

1969GTOsubglass048.jpg

Sad news is, I already did all the paint correction to this car a few months ago.

The owner took it to 2 different shops to have some engine work and trunk alignment work performed. Someone at one of these shops thought they would do the owner a favor and WIPE the car down with a contaminated towel. Probably a dirty shop towel, you know the kind you check the oil with. Now the entire paint job is filled with swirls and scratches.

In the pictures below I'm doing a TEST SPOT to see what it's going to take to remove all the swirls and scratches. As you can see by the red pigment on the pad, this 1969 GTO has a modern Urethane single stage paint job. Thus, we'll need to clean these pads to remove the red pigment.

full

full

full

I also have some microwool pads that need to be cleaned. So, tune-in to see how to use the Grit Guard Universal Pad wash and also the Lake Country Pad Washer 4000.

:)

Back