looking for gentile pre wash if such a thing exists

Lance Mark

Reaction score
As an LSP on my bike, my first one was Gyeon CanCoat. After a bunch of miles and couple of years, I corrected it again and used Polish Angel's Cosmic v2 combined with their High Gloss.

So far, it's held up really well, and since I've last detailed it, I've cleaned it a couple of different ways, but once had an issue when I cleaned it with McKee's N-914 rinseless. As I dried the surface with a MF, it felt like it almost got tacky it got so dry. I reapplied PA's High Gloss and it felt and looked as slick as the day I'd first applied it.

I'm considering a foaming prewash on the bike before I wash it either waterless or rinseless depending on how I want to do it. My thought is to use a prewash to first lift and eliminate as much dust dirt and road grime from the bike before I wash using a microfiber on the surface.

I picked up a bottle of Carpro's Pre Wash Foam, but I've read where any pre wash can degrade a sealant.

My question is this: Is there a more gentle prewash, maybe not the best for all applications, but gentle enough where it's not hard on LSPs?

Since you have V2 and High Gloss, have you looked at PA snowfoam and their wash? I really really like their wash.

yeah, they're pretty proud of their products if you get my meaning it looks like you can mix it in different ratios with water and for $65 you get 3-6 one liter mixes

it may be the best way to go for my LSP, but if there's a more affordable alternative i'm open

Just to chime in...

As an LSP on my bike, my first one was Gyeon CanCoat. After a bunch of miles and couple of years, I corrected it again and used Polish Angel's Cosmic v2 combined with their High Gloss.

So far, it's held up really well, and since I've last detailed it, I've cleaned it a couple of different ways, but once had an issue when I cleaned it with McKee's N-914 rinseless. As I dried the surface with a MF, it felt like it almost got tacky it got so dry. I reapplied PA's High Gloss and it felt and looked as slick as the day I'd first applied it.

I've never used the McKee's N-914 Rinseless so I don't have an opinion but all their products normally get great reviews and I know Nick Rutter was instrumental in the development of this product and he's a sharp cookie.

I'm considering a foaming prewash on the bike before I wash it either waterless or rinseless depending on how I want to do it. My thought is to use a prewash to first lift and eliminate as much dust dirt and road grime from the bike before I wash using a microfiber on the surface.

Before I go any further, I have a question because - I simply don't know the answer. Here's my questions...

Does the bike get unusually dirty? As in Traffic Film? Do you ride in the rain?

I'm just thinking maybe a prewash is overkill and instead, rinse the bike well with a strong blast of water followed by washing using a quality car wash soap. Maybe I'm UNDER-thinking this?

-Mike Phillips

it's not a garage queen, wife and I ride quite a bit, road trips, overnighters 75k miles in the last three years....it gets rained on, snowed on, pooped on, you name it

i've done what you suggested, just a good thorough rinsing before hand, there's no doubt even just doing that gets a bunch of dirt, dust, and road grime

I appreciate you weighing in, sir

Thanks for the follow-up.

3D has a product that does what you want it to do but to make it more gentle you would have to play around with the dilution levels.

3D Super Pres-Soak - Nano Pail - Highly concentrated

I'm sorry to say, or perhaps I'm happy to say, I simply don't normally detail the kinds of vehicles that need a solid pre-soak before washing. Could be the sunny, warm weather here in Stuart, Florida year-around?

Mike

Back