My take on the Dr's NSP 95

Don M

Reaction score
The US Distributor of NxtZen products contacted me a few months ago and asked if I would try, and evaluate, an Australian-produced spray coating. I said Sure, but that it would be a month or so before I could try it because I had to wait for NE Ohio's weather to cooperate. It is a 1-year coating, and it seems to be a lot like GEON CanCoat.

Wanting to give the new coating the best chances of success, I researched Dr Beasley's NSP Primer Polishes, and decided to use one of them in place of my normal products. I chose the 95, because while the paint on my "New to Me' Camaro is in really good shape, it hadn't been cared for to my standards and had some oxidation, minor swirling, and some deeper was scratches.

To keep this post short, let me just say that as an ENHANCEMENT polish, the 95 EXCELLS!! Color, clarity, gloss and depth were all VASTLY improved. I used the amount recommended and really worked the polish in using a urofiber 50/50 pad. However for CORRECTION, the 95 wasn't enough to remove the deeper wash scratches. But since the car isn't black, it's "Hyper-Blue Metallic," you really have to look hard and at the correct angle and in the correct light to see what had been left behind.

In short, I could/should have used a more aggressive polish to correct the paint first, THEN used the 95 to bring the paint to near perfection. All in all though, the Dr Beasley's NSP polishes are now a definite 'Go-To' in my arsenal.

2017 Camaro.jpgNxtzen beads.jpg

looks great! Glad you had good luck with nsp 95.

Im curious if the formulas have changed since last summer? Because i tried 95 and 45 last summer and i did not like them....like at all. Ended up returning them for a refund Terrible wipe off and the cut offered was just not there compared to my usual polish of 3d 520. I could not get it cleanup after rotary work, tried extra passes compared to my normal 6 section passes...but no dice.

I did however find out later that you need to work them longer, which is not for me. Wanted to like but just not for me.

I did however recenty test gyeon primer out on a couple vehicles, and that i really like so far.

Im curious if the formulas have changed since last summer? Because i tried 95 and 45 last summer and i did not like them....like at all. Ended up returning them for a refund Terrible wipe off and the cut offered was just not there compared to my usual polish of 3d 520. I could not get it cleanup after rotary work, tried extra passes compared to my normal 6 section passes...but no dice.

I did however find out later that you need to work them longer, which is not for me. Wanted to like but just not for me.

I did however recenty test gyeon primer out on a couple vehicles, and that i really like so far.

I'll admit, I was expecting more correction, but it's really no big deal that it doesn't. The vast improvements in the 4 mentioned areas more than makes up for the lack of cut (in my opinion).

I did work it extremely hard and in all honesty it was most likely too cold to have been polishing with ANY polish. It took me about 3 or so hours over 2 days (I did 1/2 the car one day then the other 1/2 the next). It was about 34* the first day in the garage and 30* the second day.

At the lower temps of the 2nd day, the removal was a bit more difficult, though it was still a very DRY removal - no trace of oils or anything else that could or would smear or leave a film, it was pretty impressive.

I have two more cars that I'm testing the Nxtzen coating on - that way I have three different 'scenarios,' A well cared for, garaged car - a well cared for car that is outside 24/7 and a neglected car that is outside 24/7. Which should give me a good 'reading' of the coating's abilities. Hopefully, the weather is at least 25 degrees warmer, so it will be interesting to see how the NSP polish works when it's nice outside.

NSP 95 has not and will not be changed any time soon. 150 has been updated already to increase its cut by about 30% and 45 will be updated to limit that ghosting effect and an easier wipe off.

Im curious if the formulas have changed since last summer?

The answer is "yes". The formulas for NSP 150, 45 and Z1 were all updated in December as a rolling change. Easier wipe-off is the major formula update. The NSP 150 was also reformulated to be more aggressive with an increase of 17% in 1.5 micron spherical abrasives.

I had to retrain myself to use the NSP Primers. Use half as much, work twice as long. Once you get past that, then you're good to go.

Out in the garage is a 1955 Chevy Delray in black basecoat/clearcoat paint system. I used NSP 150 for the major paint correction step mostly with a Lake Country Blue HDO pad on the BEAST. In a few places I needed a wool pad and a rotary polisher. I would say the paint on this 1955 Delray is on the soft side of medium paint hardness, pretty much right where you want it. Medium to hard being more optimum.

For any place I used a wool pad and NSP 150 I re-polished with the NSP 95 and a foam polishing pad. And for the entire car, I used NSP 45 for the finishing polish. Then sealed the paint with the Nano-Resin MX Ceramic Coating.

full

The paint on this 1972 Ferrari Dino 246 GT is definitely soft paint. I did all the correction work using NSP 95 with a foam polishing pad on the BEAST followed by a finishing step using NSP 45 with a foam finishing pad on the Supa BEAST. Sealed with Nano-Resin MX Ceramic Coating.

full

full

The abrasive technology and the formula, (the formula is the liquids), are very different from everything else on the market so they to require getting used to, but the results are always nothing short of phenomenal.

Mike

Mike, I found what you said to be true. These primer polishes are nothing like anything else. "Half as much, twice as long," is exactly right. As is "The results are nothing short of phenomenal."

The blue of my Camaro was literally glowing after a good working of the NSP 95, long before applying the coating.

Mike, I found what you said to be true. These primer polishes are nothing like anything else. "Half as much, twice as long," is exactly right. As is "The results are nothing short of phenomenal."

The blue of my Camaro was literally glowing after a good working of the NSP 95, long before applying the coating.

Agree. I've NEVER been a pea sized drop person but Dr. B's products changed me.

Mike

Back