NEW - BEAST Compound and FINISHER Polish - Amazing Abrasive Technology!

Mike Phillips

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
themikephillipsforum.com
NEW - BEAST Compound and FINISHER Polish - Amazing Abrasive Technology!

At our latest BIG 3-day class we introduced a brand new compound and a brand new polish called BEAST Compound and FINISHER Polish.

I have a 1968 Chevrolet Chevelle in the training garage for a training day with FLEX Engineers. With the FLEX team we buffed out everything BUT the hood as I saved it for Nick and I to showcase the new BEAST Compound and FINISHER polish.

Check it out...

Next week I'm going to machine dry sand the entire hood using the Eagle Abrasives by Kovax Dry Sanding System and then polish out with the BEAST/FINISHER Tag Team and shoot a video sharing the process.

Stay tuned...

On AutoForge.net

McKee's 37 BEAST Compound

McKee's 37 FINISHER Polish

McKee's 37 Perfect Paint Duo - BEAST & FINISHER

-Mike Phillips

9 minutes is sometimes a bit long for me but I made it.

Nice video. A lot of good info in there. When you’re buffing that tool is dancing on the paint.

Thanks for making this

9 minutes is sometimes a bit long for me but I made it.

Thanks for watching all the way through.

Warning - the video I'm making today on the COMPLETE machine dry sanding process plus compounding, polishing and sealing the paint on the hood of a 1968 Chevelle will be MUCH LONGER than 9 minutes - so you might want to just skip this video. Won't hurt my feelings. :)

Nice video. A lot of good info in there. When you’re buffing that tool is dancing on the paint.

Thanks for making this

Always fun working with Nick, he has a great sense of humor.

:)

the video I'm making today on the COMPLETE machine dry sanding process plus compounding, polishing and sealing the paint on the hood of a 1968 Chevelle will be MUCH LONGER than 9 minutes
I've been wanting to watch some dry sanding videos so I'll make a note to check it out when I have the time. 🙂

Whether I make it through a video or not is less about how long it is and more about how much of the content is interesting/useful to me. Thats why I like shorter videos: it's easier for me to watch a lot of good, short videos about many topics than to watch a long video and try to find the useful parts of it.

Sadly for me it seems videos on youtube tend to be 10 minutes or more these days.

Whether I make it through a video or not is less about how long it is and more about how much of the content is interesting/useful to me.

I’ll try to make interesting and useful.

full

-Mike

I'm anxious to try these new (to me) products. I am a rotary/wool/compound first step and then a DA/foam/finisher second step guy.

When Mike says they have excellent abrasive tech i believe him. And the wipe off with no dusting sells me HUGE. While i've been using 3D One for some time now, the wipe off is difficult. Not slamming One, it works great, but i'll spend almost as much time wiping it off as i do working it!

I'm anxious to try these new (to me) products. I am a rotary/wool/compound first step and then a DA/foam/finisher second step guy.

For the last few years I've been going down this road too. The paint on most cars I'm asked to detail is either,

Not too bad
Really bad

For really bad, I just hit the entire car with a wool pad on the cordless FLEX PE-150 and make FAST and efficient work of getting the paint defect free.

After cutting with wool and great abrasive technology - the holograms are primarily from the wool pad fibers and in most cases the holograms come out fast and easy. For this I use the BEAST or the Supa BEAST unless the paint is soft then the CBEAST.

When Mike says they have excellent abrasive tech i believe him. And the wipe off with no dusting sells me HUGE. While i've been using 3D One for some time now, the wipe off is difficult. Not slamming One, it works great, but i'll spend almost as much time wiping it off as i do working it!

I have a love/hate relationship with 3D ONE. I love it because of it's endless buffing cycle or "Open Time" as Tunch calls it but the super oily formula requires a tick more wiping to fully remove. What makes removing 3D ONE is the right towel.

Tomorrow I'm going to work super early to buff out the other side of the Chevelle hood without anyone around to make noise while I'm filming. After cutting and polishing I think I'm going to use a traditional wax or sealant to seal the deal.

Then off-camera, I'm going to repeat the entire process to the driver's side..

Then I have a brand new black 2023 Corvette ZO6 coming in for a ceramic coating. Will be interesting to find out if the paint is hard, soft or somewhere in the middle.

-Mike

Back