NSP Z1 as final step before applying a coating.

Oldie Taylor

Reaction score
Hi Mike, I’ve seen many of your videos using NSP Z1 as an AIO. I’ve used the other NSPs to great effect but at this time I only have an unused tube of Z1.

In your experience would it be okay to use Z1 as a primer for a coating (it says so on the label). Newish vehicle with extremely minimal defects.

I have other polishes but am trying to avoid using paint prep. I’d use NSP 45 if I had any left. As always I appreciate your input.

Hi Mike, I’ve seen many of your videos using NSP Z1 as an AIO. I’ve used the other NSPs to great effect but at this time I only have an unused tube of Z1.

In your experience would it be okay to use Z1 as a primer for a coating (it says so on the label). Newish vehicle with extremely minimal defects.

Yes.

One thing about the Z1, after wipe-off sometimes you will see a light ghosting film. Just give the paint a good, soft final wipe and then go straight to your coating.

:)

Yes.

One thing about the Z1, after wipe-off sometimes you will see a light ghosting film. Just give the paint a good, soft final wipe and then go straight to your coating.

:)
Thanks Mike! After some searching I realized it’s not the first time you’ve answered that question. Much appreciated!

I'm glad I scrolled to this thread, since both "Z1" and "AIO" are too short as search terms.

I have an Xeforo upgrade coming, when it takes place, I'll ask my Xenforo Mechanic to look into tweaking the search engine to allow 3 letter words.

Thanks for the notice, I was not aware.

Mike

Back