Offline - 2-Day Boat Detailing Class

Mike Phillips

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
themikephillipsforum.com
Offline - 2-Day Boat Detailing Class

I never want people thinking I'm slacking off but for the days leading up to this 2-day boat detailing class and now teaching the boat detailing class, I'm a tick busy.

It's 5:00pm Eastern Time and the first day of this 2-day class is over and also incredibly successful. Today was boat exterior detailing including,

1. Ancient vinyl graphics removal using the Vinyl Zapper
  2. Machine wet sanding - #1000 - #2000 - #3000
  3. Removing sanding marks - Rotary polisher - wool pads - compounds
  4. Removing holograms maximizing gloss and clarity
  5. Gelcoat prep for ceramic coating
  6. Installing ceramic coating

Tomorrow's topics
Tomorrow we move to the inside of the boat and tackle all the various surfaces and materials followed by a final wash-down.

Normally I try to share videos and pictures on-the-fly but in order to really share what a real hands-on boat detailing class looks like, I'm going to wait until the dust settles and I can process the pictures the right way the first time.

So stay tuned and thanks for understanding that I'm simply not going to be online when I'm teaching.

-Mike Phillips

:)

***Update***

Cleaned up shop after the boat class yesterday - back to looking like there’s was never a boat class.

This morning I’m finishing the sub-surface glass polishing in the back window of the 1970 Superbird.

Once I return home I’m going to process pictures and videos from the boat detailing class - I like to photo-document my classes to show just how hands-on they truly are especially since no other company or brand does this historically.

I will also be sharing all the sponsors products and saying thank you for their support.

Stay tuned…

Mike

If you watch this video, as they pan around and show the back of the car - note the back window is missing.

It’s laying on a table next to the car waiting for me this morning.

-Mike

Nice bird. A little trivia, A Superbird back window is smaller than a stock production body. You can see the filler panels on the sides and the deck filler panel is unique too.

Back