Opinions on 3" polishers

luckydawg

New member
Joined
Sep 18, 2021
Messages
15
Reaction score
8
Points
3
Location
florida
I am thinking about getting a new 3" polisher and wanting some feed back on what folks currently have that they like ( & would buy again ) and what they dont like ( & would not re purchase )
 
There are two new entries into the 3" polisher market and they both got it wrong. They made 12mm orbit stroke polishers. The only time people that purchase these will be able to maintain good pad rotation and good pad oscillation will be when they use thin, flat pads and hold the pad flat when buffing a flat surface.

And then come the complaints.


LOL
 
It appears there is a new entry from Flex which will be available January 2027 and will premiere at SEMA. It's called the PCXE and it will have a forced-rotation mode, and it's cordless. It was introduced this month at the Automechanika show in Germany (thank you, internet). I'm betting Mike's lips are sealed on this one until SEMA.

Not sure if this will replace the "PiXiE", or will be an additional model in that range. I believe the version shown in Germany is not exactly the version we will get here in the US.

I have been advocating for a mini version of the 3401/XCE for a long time, and this machine isn't exactly that, but it's interesting.
 
It appears there is a new entry from Flex which will be available January 2027 and will premiere at SEMA.

It's called the PCXE and it will have a forced-rotation mode, and it's cordless.

It was introduced this month at the Automechanika show in Germany (thank you, internet).

I'm betting Mike's lips are sealed on this one until SEMA.

Yup. Lips are sealed.

I will be in the FLEX booth at SEMA this year, showcasing all the new tools.

Stay tuned!

:)
 
Back
Top