Pictures from the 5-day class in Chicago

Mike Phillips

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
themikephillipsforum.com
Pictures from the 5-day class in Chicago

Today is the first day of this BIG 5-day class. Yesterday after arriving into Chicago from Florida, we set-up for today. Something happened to the 1960 Impala that we we're scheduled to sand and buff but it's all good as it was replaced by I think, a 1988 Chevy C10 Squarebody.

Rod, Zac and I did some testing for paint hardness last night, here's a few pictures.

Porsche 944 - basecoat/clearcoat custom paint job - extreme graininess and orange peel

full

Chevy Squarebody Pickup - This truck has a custom paint job that has already been sanded and buffed but there are still sanding marks and scouring from the sanding and buffing job. This provides a real-world example of what you will encounter so we're going to use this truck to teach how to do it right the second time using the 3M Trizact sanding system.

full

full

1967 AC Cobra - This Cobra has a custom paint job with massive graininess, mottling and orange peel in the paint. Below is a before and after picture from a Test Spot Rod Kraft and I did using 1500 Nikken followed by compounding and polishing.

full

Focus on the overhead florescent tube light's reflection in the paint.

full

Now look at it - the tube light is dramatically more clear and refined in the reflection.

full

Time to head over to Simon's Shine Shop!

Mike

Last edited:
Back