Staff member
Reaction score
Website
themikephillipsforum.com
1954 Chevy Kustom Led Sled shine by 3D SPEED

1954 Chevy Kustom Led Sled shine by 3D SPEED

full

Backstory...
Yancy and I had a couple of new projects today and one that included detailing this kook 1954 Chevy Kustom Led Sled.

I'm using the FLEX Supa BEAST and a foam cutting pad.

full

Yancy's using the original BEAST (note the visible aluminum head)

full

Text book example of how to correctly buff out a large flat panel using overlapping section passes in a crosshatch pattern.

full

The color of 3D SPEED is a light purple color. It's hard to see, but if you look carefully you can see a thin covering of the 3D SPEED all over the car including paint, glass, chrome bumpers and trim.

full

full

full

full

full

SUPER EASY WIPE-OFF!
If you've never used 3D SPEED before, besides working great as an All-in-One compound, polish and wax, (Montan Wax), it also wipes off super - super easy. So easy in fact, when I detail cars using 3D SPEED I buff out the ENTIRE car and then come back and wipe off the dried wax. When using this technique, and you can't do this with a lot of products because if you leave them on too long they are like concrete to wipe-off, when it's time to remove the wax START where you started buffing out the car and then continue wiping following your path of travel. This way you'll be wiping the wax off that has been drying the longest and by the time you get to the last panel you worked on the wax will also be fully dry and easy to wipe-off.

Because the wax was completely dried by the time I started wiping it off - it dang near falls of the paint when you wipe with a microfiber towel.

full

And the gloss and shine are nothing short of amazing.

full

full

full

Here's my artistic shot...

full

Products and tools used

3D SPEED - FLEX Supa BEAST & FLEX BEAST

full

full

:)

Last edited:
You could use this book on a car like that🤓

Attachments

• 4AEFBF07-4A99-46DF-86C5-ACBE498A557C.jpeg
    4AEFBF07-4A99-46DF-86C5-ACBE498A557C.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 5
Looks GREAT !!!!!!!!!!!!!
Love the Car :)

This was an easy buff, but even though it was easy - there is a lot of real-estate to cover...

Here's what's GREAT about buffing out SIV or Special Interest Vehicles like this one - ZERO PLASTIC TRIM! None, nada - simply no black plastic pebble textured trim to tape off.

In FACT - with cars like these you don't tape them off - you run the buffing pad over everything. Chrome, stainless steel, glass, aluminum - if your buffing pad can reach it - you buff it. At least when using a safe product like 3D SPEED. And the results are - everything comes out shiny!

You could use this book on a car like that🤓

I have all the early car detailing books I bought when I was a young man in my library. The info is so outdated and even back when these books were current - the info was so minimal.

That is verrrry nice work sir....even on just an old two door Chevy!! Also, I must say that is a cool looking garage!

JF

Awesome work guys! 3D speed is one of my favorite AIO’s. I also have used it In the sun and waited to wipe off with no issues.

I also love BF One Step. I speculate that 3D makes it for BF or at the very least, BF reversed engineered Speed to make BF One Step.

A tip I would like to share for Speed users: I have been using a quick coat of Bead It Up on top of speed to significantly boost durability. It’s quick and easy for me to add and incorporate into my AIO details.

Awesome work guys! 3D speed is one of my favorite AIO’s. I also have used it In the sun and waited to wipe off with no issues.

Yup. The best AIO on the market in my experience and opinion.

A tip I would like to share for Speed users: I have been using a quick coat of Bead It Up on top of speed to significantly boost durability. It’s quick and easy for me to add and incorporate into my AIO details.

Yup. Me too.

I either top with POXY or BEAD IT UP. Both are quick, fast and easy.

On a side note, I'm creating some new content for 3D that will include more info on their unique abrasive technology than anyone has been able to find in the past.

The benefit with the ability to work with the owner and head chemist. Something I really like about my new job.

Beautiful job guys! Also that's a very cool shop as well, and I like the detailing cart.

I could imagine that car appearing out of the fog under the glow of some old fashioned street lights.

Beautiful job guys! Also that's a very cool shop as well, and I like the detailing cart.

I could imagine that car appearing out of the fog under the glow of some old fashioned street lights.

Thanks Jacob, I think she'll look cool under any lighting!

Back