1968 Camaro Dry Sanding Project

Mike Phillips

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
themikephillipsforum.com

Tentatively, this 1968 Camaro is a work-in-progress, being painted and then final assembly. After that she'll be brought to the O.R. here at Dr. Beasley's for a complete dry sand, cut and ceramic coat.

***Update***
Here's some fresh pictures of the car when it was being trailered to Mirandabuilt.com for a custom interior at Jeremy's interior shop INNERWORX

full

full

These are older pictures taken during the build.

full

full

Stay tuned...

Mike

Last edited:
***Update***

Looking like we are around 2-weeks out from the start of this project. Here's some fresh pictures of the build.

Currently this Camaro is at MirandaBuilt.com getting a full CUSTOM interior by Jeremy Miranda and his stellar team!

full

full

full

full

The 1992 Chevy Truck we sanded down last weekend came out show car perfect, I expect no less for the custom fresh paint job on this Camaro project.

Can you use a DA polisher to remove sanding scratches? - LIVE Online Detailing Class - Wednesday July 17th 2024

Mike

Last edited:

Tentatively, this 1968 Camaro is a work-in-progress, being painted and then final assembly. After that she'll be brought to the O.R. here at Dr. Beasley's for a complete dry sand, cut and ceramic coat.

full

full

Stay tuned...

Mike
Hard to beat a 68/69 Camaro.

I agree. Super hard to beat first and second generation Camaros.

I used to dream of building a black with gold stripes, big block 1969 Convertible Camaro, but drifted into monster trucks and drag boats instead.

Thanks for sharing.

Mike

***Update***
Here's some fresh pictures of the car when it was being trailered to Mirandabuilt.com for a custom interior at Jeremy's interior shop INNERWORX

full

full

These are older pictures taken during the build.

full

full

Stay tuned...

Mike
Why dry sand rather than wet??

Sweet project! I have seen the MirandaBuilt Super Nova and Charger in person, and they are amazing!

***Update***

The 1968 Camaro has arrived. She came in wet and dirty, so first thing will be to do a Prep Wash that will including claying during the wash process to knock down any dry overspray or anything else that's landed and bonded to the paint since she was painted.

full

full

full

full

While she's outside, here's a shot showing the level of Orange Peel - those are recently trimmed Palm Trees in the reflection.

full

full

Here's the reflection of the building in the rear passenger side fender.

full

full

Here she is in the Dr. Beasley's O.R. or Operating Room, this is where I'll be performing surgery. :)

full

Here's a Dr. Beasley's Authorized Detailer Banner on the wall.

full

Here's that same banner reflecting out of the passenger side sail panel.

full

full

I'm leaving for Oregon on Wednesday, so she's going to take a break until after I return.

full

I also have some cool new "things" to use for this project. More info at SEMA. Stay tuned.

And for what it's worth, I use projects like this to always hone my skills, but to also prep my skills, brain and technique for the upcoming September class where I'll be showing the class how to use the same process I'm going to use on the 1968 Camaro - only on the training cars for the September 3-day Class.

1949 Chevy Fleetline

full

full

1972 Corvette Stingray

full

full

I actually do the thing I teach. This class will sell out - get signed up sooner than later - you snooze - you lose...

Click here to sign-up for this class

Questions about this class? Shoot me a text or call me.

760-515-0444

Mike

Back