66 Ford Galaxie 500

Just knocked this puppy out the other day---trying to figure out how to post here.

Have to resize these photos to up load.

Getting the hang of it!

Mr Tommy

In sum---paint was very dry and oxidized. And to make things worst---thin paint everywhere!!!!

The meg #7 did not go well. The next day it was sticky, very difficult to remove, left marks and embedded lines in paint.

Took most of the day to remove!

Proceeded to do a cut with Flex CBEAST and Rupes yellow pads and yellow polish. That cleaned up very nice!

Sealed with Griots Liquid Gloss Poly Wax.

Whew---glad that one ended well, Lol!

Mr Tommy

Last edited:
Wow! Another nice save Tommy!

The folks in your area are simply blessed to have you around to save and detail their cars.

Thank you for investing the time to figure out how to use the picture options on this forum. To be honest, I'm still figuring things out. But Internet consensus is this software, Xenforo, is the new KING of forum software. Another member on the AGO forum recommended it to me years ago. A couple of other forums I hang out on use this software so I chose to dive in head first and go for it.

As time becomes available to me and I figure things out, I'll get to the point where I can make a few screen capture vidoes to help {myself), and everyone else out.

One other comment....

When I see paint chipped like shown in your pictures I become very wary of putting any type of tape over it or other places - too much risk for pulling more take off. I had a recent really bad experience with this that I never want to repeat the rest of my life.

Again, thanks bud!

(y)

Glad you got it sorted. Nothing worse than using a tried & true method but having it backfire on you.

Reactions: TMQ
Tommy rocking out another classic!!!

You do some awesome work, man. :cool:(y)

While I like the abilities of modern cars, I still love the old classics. Nice work on this one, that red really pops on that Galaxie.

Back