67 442....Awesome looking!

TMQ

Reaction score
67 442....Awesome looking!

I keep calling it the 442. But in reality, it's a Cutlass with a big block 455.

This was one of the more challenging single stage paint work I've done. Also this was the only time I wished I had a rotory polisher!

Did the Megs #7. Knew it wasn't working. Car was clean enough that it didn't need the #7. In hindsight: Prolly shoulda cleaned with comet and finished with BlackFire One step and be done! Oh well, end results are off the chart!

Environmental and paint over spray was so hard that my strongest Flex beast and compound did not remove the overspray! Ended up having to wet sand part of the car and was able to clay bar the other parts.

Then did a 3 step to get paint back to high gloss and sheen.

1. Step one: Flex beast/LC Force hybrid Orange pad-Griot's correcting cream. (To remove haze from 3000 grit wet sand)
2. Step two: Flex Supa beast/Rupes yellow pads-Griot's Perfecting cream. ( To remove haze from correcting cream and final remaining wet sand haze).
3. Awww lets push it! Third step: Flex cordless with McKee's orange pad and Blackfire One step to kick up gloss, remove any remaing haze and to lay down some protection.

Onto pictures!

Mr Tommy

IMG_2467.jpeg

IMG_2474.jpeg

IMG_2475.jpeg

IMG_2476.jpeg

IMG_2510.jpeg

IMG_2515.jpeg

IMG_2517.jpeg

IMG_2467.jpeg

IMG_2471.jpeg

img_2514-jpeg.183

Attachments

• IMG_2514.jpeg
    IMG_2514.jpeg
    322.5 KB · Views: 104
Last edited by a moderator:
Wow....just wow! Incredible work on a rare ragtop. No doubt the owner is ecstatic with the results.

Reactions: TMQ
Nice work Tommy. Is that your shop?

Wow that color really pops now!! Great work!

WOW! I bet you're tired. That's a big beautiful machine with lots of surface area. Nicely done!

Incredible work and results Tommy!

It's hard to believe just how bad some cars can get before someone like you gets their hands on them.

What did you do to clean and brighten the vinyl top?

:)

Back