94 Chevy Corvette

dbrun

Reaction score
So this will be my first two step correction. Paint is swirled out and deep water spots. After doing some test spot, it seems this paint is hard.

Purple foamed wool, flex Supa beast, speed 6, light pressure, slow to med arm speed, ACA 510, 7 section passes, removed most swirls and most water spots. Previous test passes did nothing to water spots.

Looking for info on paint hardness and suggestions on removing water spots and swirls. I tried some carpro 2.0 water spot remover that did nothing on spots.

I thinking I’m going to have to use rotary if I want to remove 95 percent of swirls and water spots.

I did my best to try to take pic of water spots.

IMG_1763.jpegIMG_1764.jpeg

Try your rotary with wool and ACA 510 and don't be afraid to exert some pressure. You can always clean it up with your Flex, foam pads and a finer polish.

Yep, GM/ ‘vette paint from that era was hard. I hope the water spots aren’t acid rain marks. If they are, you may need to very cautiously wet sand

Try your rotary with wool and ACA 510 and don't be afraid to exert some pressure. You can always clean it up with your Flex, foam pads and a finer polish.
I will give it a shot. Thanks for the quick reply.
Yep, GM/ ‘vette paint from that era was hard. I hope the water spots aren’t acid rain marks. If they are, you may need to very cautiously wet sand
Way the owner talked, he never drives in the rain. I hope it’s not acid rain.

It has right at 30,000 miles. My last test spot removed 90% of water mark. I’ll try a test spot with rotary and see what happens.

Thanks for the quick reply.

I would proceed with caution. Trying to chase perfection can cost you a paint job. I would sit with your customer and explain the dangers of chasing perfection and offer him a much improved result without sacrificing much clear coat.

The only time I chase paint perfection is on repainted cars with plenty of paint/ clear to work with.

Perhaps he got hit by sprinklers at some point... no clue what is in the water at some places...
That is very true.

I would sit with your customer and explain the dangers of chasing perfection and offer him a much improved result without sacrificing much clear coat.
Thanks, I planned on doing that. Being this is my first two step on very hard clear, I’m looking for as much advice as I can get and as much information to rely to the customer.

I’m pretty sure he wants to keep it original.

Thank you for that.

Back