Big announcement today! Now the CEO of Dr. Beasley's!

Yes, understood why he created a PREP waterless wash, I was asking about the difference between this new product and other PREP sprays and how this particular product was different. I understood the difference between this and other waterless washes. But you ultimately answered what I was asking about. Thanks Mike.

Yeah, it's kind of my own "style". Before I detail a car, I want to get it SUPER clean. The best way is with a thorough water hose, bucket and wash mitt wash. But a lot of cars I detail I don't wash with running water because as a professional courtesy to the owner, I don't introduce water into cracks and crevices where rust can form down the road.

I teach this mindset in my classes. So for me, and my style of teaching others how to do this craft, a powerful, but paint-safe waterless "prep" wash is something I can use and share with others. Most people probably never go down the Rabbit Hole this deep and thus think, whatever waterless wash options are available are good enough.

For what it's worth, It could be I just haven't seen other discuss the topic, but to my knowledge, I'm one of the leading voices that teach, preach and practice there are 2 distinct types of car washing.

1. Prep Wash
  2. Maintenance Wash

I discovered this when thinking about the 2-bucket method, I stopped using the 2-bucket method years ago for a number of reasons, nothing wrong with it for a maintenance wash, but instead of rinsing out a contaminated mitt and re-using it - I wrote an article about the multiple-towel method for washing a car. Thus... no reason for 2 buckets for doing a maintenance wash and when it comes to doing a prep wash, because I'm going to buff out the car, I'm not that concerned with being super uber careful because I'm going to buff out the car.

Regarding the other topic above, I don't believe I referred to either of them. And certainly understand your view and wishes. No worries.

My mistake, thought it was intertwined with the possible other product maybe coming out. Who knows.

I look forward to your coming reviews of the Dr. Beasley line. As I said before, I was inclined to try them but just haven't yet. I will definitely buy this product and look forward to using their polishes. Where does the NSP 45 come in on the 1-10 cutting scale and finish scale? A 2 or 3 cut and a 10 finish?

I would say yes. About a 2-3 cut, depends on pad and tool, and finishing out with maximum gloss and clarity - AND - ready to apply a ceramic coating - no chemical stripping needed.

-Mike

I would say yes. About a 2-3 cut, depends on pad and tool, and finishing out with maximum gloss and clarity - AND - ready to apply a ceramic coating - no chemical stripping needed.

Haha, when I was typing I meant to caveat my cut/finish question with "depending on the pad and tool used", and I forgot. I knew you would add that and for good reason ... you know very well the ranges of results available through all sorts of pad, tool combos with any given polish. I was looking for the standard general answer that most polish companies advertise with their suggested pad. And you delivered the right answer as always.

I have to say, finding a company that is interested in capitalizing on your vast experience for product development purposes, has to be extremely gratifying. I would never have thought it would be that hard to find ... it's a no-brainer from a business perspective and shocking you had to fight it for so long. Awesome that Dr. Beasley's leadership understands this value and has given you the perfect home. Kudos to them. Can't wait to see what other value-added products you guys come up with.

Thanks Mike, All the Best

Cant wait to try out dr beasleys this saturday. Am i correct in reading that z1 the only available product for purchase that one can get thats body shop safe?

Back