black plastic trim - 2021 Sienna minivan

WOW. This is a follow up to my previous posts on my 2021 Sienna with wax haze all over the plastic trim that wasn't easily coming out. Original pics above; new pics below. I ordered the Solution Finish and followed the instructions and it worked wonders. It not only restored the trim to black, it took care of the galvanized roof rails and it looked jet black without any greasy shine. Thanks so much for recommending that product - just noticed a little black plastic trim at the bottom of the rear bumper of my Benz that also has some wax haze, and going to use it there, too!

I chased it with Mothers V/L/R. I also washed the vehicle later in the day. Seems to be holding up fine after a wash, just some of the water streaks that I didn't dry off right away I could still see on the plastic, but that was the case prior to using this product.

I would recommend applying Solution finish Over The top to have Solution Finish last longer.

I posted about this on my IG page

Just remembered I have an easy follow up question or two: the instructions say to use a microfiber sponge. I used a microfiber cloth, but now that cloth appears to be destined for use only with this product given there's black dye/oil all over it - I'm assuming I should not use those for anything else? Other question is, for future applications, what's a good microfiber sponge to apply this product with?

Thanks again
Frank

Wash it and save it for next time you apply it in a few months.

Food for thought on a different approach. Saw a YouTube video where they used a heat gun on the low setting to rejuvenate the oils in faded trim. They said it’s a LONG lasting, TRUE fix. Well, I did a test area on my car a few days ago and….. it worked!!

My trim went from gray to a deep black. The transformation is quite shocking actually. I’ll get some before and after photos uploaded once I’m finished this weekend.

Also in one of the videos, they used Solution Finish to top it off at the end to protect it. (Another video used 303) Anyway, it sounds like a win, win scenario. Heat gun PLUS Solution Finish.

Mike, curious, have you ever tried the heat gun method?

Food for thought on a different approach. Saw a YouTube video where they used a heat gun on the low setting to rejuvenate the oils in faded trim. They said it’s a LONG lasting, TRUE fix. Well, I did a test area on my car a few days ago and….. it worked!!

My trim went from gray to a deep black. The transformation is quite shocking actually. I’ll get some before and after photos uploaded once I’m finished this weekend.

Also in one of the videos, they used Solution Finish to top it off at the end to protect it. (Another video used 303) Anyway, it sounds like a win, win scenario. Heat gun PLUS Solution Finish.

Mike, curious, have you ever tried the heat gun method?

Go to the 9:20 mark where it starts on the heat gun.

Back