Discolored Roof After Wrap Removal

skyace888

Reaction score
Hi all!

I recently removed the black vinyl wrap on the roof of my wife's 2018 Toyota Prius with white tri-color paint. It was on the car for 4+ years. Shortly after doing so, I noticed that the paint became yellow and discolored. I tried IronX, Clay, light polish, etc. but nothing has helped so far. Any suggestions welcomed. Thanks!

Attachments

• PXL_20231111_144305197.jpg
    PXL_20231111_144305197.jpg
    551.6 KB · Views: 4
Thanks for the reply @Mike Phillips .

Curious to know why you suggest going to the most aggressive option. Isn't it usually best to try the least aggressive option that can get the job done before progressing up the scale?

Either way I only have a DA and never used a rotary before. 🙂 Maybe it's time to get one and learn...

Curious to know why you suggest going to the most aggressive option. Isn't it usually best to try the least aggressive option that can get the job done before progressing up the scale?

Damage looks bad - IF the problem can be fixed it will be by abrading the surface enough to remove the damage.

An orbital might do it. A rotary might do it. But a rotary will do it faster - if it can be fixed.

Typing on my phone - thus brief typing. On vacation 🤙

Back