DP Quick Coat - My New Secret Weapon

Jacob Harrod AutoClean

Reaction score
A while back Mike Phillips and Autogeek sent me a bottle of DP Quick Coat and many other items as gifts to try out.

full

This stuff is AWESOME! It SMELLS GREAT! It's EASY and FAST to use and produces AMAZING RESULTS!

Check out this video:

I have a lot of competition in my area so I have a hard time SHINING THROUGH

I decided to re vamp my Emerald Package to make it more affordable for introductory level clientele who may not quite be ready to open their wallets for the higher level packages yet.

I drew some inspiration from this video by; Yvan Lacroix. The whole video is great but at about the 9:25 mark is the part where the DP Quick Coat comes into play as my chosen entry level coating.

I chose the DP Ceramic Rinseless Wash which was also sent to my by Mike and Autogeek as my chosen wash solution to wash the Jeep with before applying the DP Quick Coat

full

I added a little over 2 ounces of the DP Ceramic Rinseless Wash to 4 gallons of water, as my Jeep was FILTHY and I figured I needed just a little extra cleaning power.

full

After cleaning the wheels and tires I sprayed bug remover on the Jeep and blasted any excess dirt, and as many bug remains off with water from my sprayers jet nozzle setting. Then I pulled the vehicle inside and performed a rinsless wash of the glass first to prevent water spots and then did a rinseless wash of the rest of the vehicle. I used a Guzzler Waffle Weave towel for the glass, and 1 Cobra Shine & Buff Waterless Wash towel per panel to dry off the individual panels.

full

I used several Cobra Carbon Black Edgeless Polishing Cloths to coat the vehicle with the DP Quick Coat. I started by misting a little on the towel and then misting some on to the panel then spreading the product over the section before flipping to a clean side and buffing the excess product off.

With the DP Quick Coat, there is no need to wait. You can buff of the excess product immediately! This saves you a lot of time and is also a big reason why this product is so easy to use!

full

full

When I needed to coat the more intricate area I sprayed the product on to a red and black microfiber coating applicator also supplied to my by Mike and Autogeek, spread the product on to the surface and then buffed away with a clean towel.

full

Once all of the paint and glass was coated I shined the tires with the Pinnacle Black Onyx Tire Gel

full

Check out these AMAZING BEFORE and AFTER photos! For not doing any type of decontamination or polishing steps the GLOSS is incredible!!!

full

full

full

full

full

full

full

full

full

full

full

full

full

full

In conclusion I'm hoping that this product will be a great way to introduce my clients to ceramic coatings, and what ceramic coatings can do for them by giving them the same experience I've had with the DP Quick Coat. I've had the opportunity to drive through some rain storms and the water just flys off after 30 miles per hour. It's so amazing to watch that it's almost a distraction when driving through the rain. The water beads are nice and tight, and its fun to go outside when its raining and watch the water bleed off of the Jeep while it's parked during a rain storm. As far as I can tell I can't see any water spotting either. The self cleaning effect is evident by the fact that the Jeep still looks pretty clean and glossy for having been through a couple of rain storms.

Im hoping that this service will be a way to get more clients to believe in ceramic coatings, and to help them to trust me to apply our higher level coatings to their vehicles.

full

Looks good! Have you used it b4?curious about the real world durability/longevity of the product. I know many variables can affect this.

What was used to spruce up the plastics?

Looks good! Have you used it b4?curious about the real world durability/longevity of the product. I know many variables can affect this.

Thank you!!! This was my first time using the product so I'm not sure about the longevity. The bottle says up to a year. I used the 303 Automotive Protectant on the plastics. I really need to put some Solution Finish or some type of ceramic trim restoration product on the plastics next time.

This was my first time using the product so I'm not sure about the longevity. The bottle says up to a year. I used the 303 Automotive Protectant on the plastics. I really need to put some Solution Finish or some type of ceramic trim restoration product on the plastics next
Great review!
Jay
Thanks! I'm glad you enjoyed UT!

Great write up! The new line from DP is very intriguing to me. Your write up defiantly made me a believer. Every if it doesn't make it the advertised 1 year, the simplicity make up for it in my opinion.

Great write up! The new line from DP is very intriguing to me. Your write up defiantly made me a believer. Every if it doesn't make it the advertised 1 year, the simplicity make up for it in my opinion.
Thank you!!! this is a great package for people who are looking for just a wash and wax. Here's a copy of my Emerald Package. It's way to cheap, but it's priced right for my area and for clientele who's cars, 'Aren't that bad."

Our Emerald Package is the affordable choice for you!

Small: $159.99

Medium: $199

Large: $229.99

XL: $249.99

Interior:
Interior Blown out with air and debris blown out from under the seats

A thorough vacuuming

Rubber and WeatherTech Floor Mats Cleaned with our all in one Mat Cleaner and Protectant

Interior surfaces excluding storage compartments wiped down

Light vent cleaning

All interior controls, instrument cluster, and radio controll panel cleaned

Interior Glass

Standard Sanitation Service + $15.99

Leather Care Package:
Small = $39.99 Medium = $49.99 Large/XL = $59.99

Exterior:

Cleaning of the wheels tires and wheel wells

Exterior wash

Door jambs cleaned

Spray Coating Applied to paint and glass

Tires shined

I'm only offering complete packages for my customers now so I can filter out the customers who want to waste my time. So for example if someone needs a carpet shampoo or nasty smells removed from their interior, chances are their paint needs a paint enhancement package and this is my Emerald Elite or Emerald Elite Plus package or even my Ruby package. I used to have a Diamond Package but people will never buy it so I took it off line. It's still secretly available.

Here's a secret I'll share with you. In Mike Phillips' book, "The Complete Guide to a Show Car Shine he says something about, "Taking a diamond in the rough and turning into a glistening gemstone."

I was so inspired by that statement that I decided to name my packages after gemstones.

It's corny, I know but even when I give customers their thank you cards sometimes, I write, "I hope you see your vehicle as I do now, a glistening gemstone!"

Thank you so much for your comment! I'm just glad my passion shined through!

I think the difference in before & after is rather remarkable. That color doesn't easily lend itself to shine and depth without serious hours of polishing. You accomplished both with a good wash, dry, and a spray on product! DP Quick Coat works.

I think the difference in before & after is rather remarkable. That color doesn't easily lend itself to shine and depth without serious hours of polishing. You accomplished both with a good wash, dry, and a spray on product! DP Quick Coat works.
Thanks! I did the same process to this Chevrolet Avalanche Black Diamond Edition that I finished up yesterday.

Check out this video:

Back