Dr Beasley's Primers-Are they easy to remove?

TMQ

Reaction score
Wanted to review the Beasley's line one more time.
I have the new 150 primer---It was easy/normal to wipe off and remove.

Are these new primers (150/95/45) easier to remove than the ones from several years ago?

Back then wanted to love them--found them to be too difficult to remove.
Gave up, went with another polish which was much easier to work with.

So, my question--how are these new primers working out??
Are they easy to remove?

Mr Tommy

Yes, the 150, 45 and Z1 have recently been updated to make wipe-off easier. The NSP 95 formula was left alone. If it ain't broke - don't fix it.

Keep in mind, these are 1005 inorganic formulas. A lot of formulas, especially the SPEED that you like, contain silicone - which is organic, and it is the silicone that makes it easy to wipe off. We cannot add silicone to any of our formulas because one of the features of a 100% inorganic formula is the ability to go straight to the coating installation without the need for a Panel Wipe. A trade-off that some can appreciate, while some cannot.

Mike

Thanks Mike, I'll try these out again and see what happens.

Tried all 3, the 150 (brand new), 95 (very old) and the 45 (very old) just a week ago.

The 150 was a breeze! Easy to remove. This is brand new tube I just bought a month ago or so.

The 95 (old tube i bought in 2020) was a bear! Stuck to paint. Was not able to remove, was glued to surface. Took Griots perfecting cream and was able to remove.
The 45 ( again-old tube bought 2020) was stuck and glued to paint. Took Speed and was able to remove.

That why asked of these formulas has gotten better because I loved how easy the 150 was to remove. And this was a new tube too!

While the old tube 95 and 45 ( bought these back in 2020) was problematic for me. I remember throwing these in back room in frustration with the intention of throwing these away. The tubes are actually turning yellow with age!!!

I do have new 95 and 45 primers. I'll give all 3 new primers a test run this week on an S5 Audi convertible.

I'll let you know how it went.

Any tips you have for me before I do deep dive into these primers?

Tom

There is a slight learning curve with them. They do need to be broken down a bit more. If not they are not easy to wipe off. Watch these videos to get the understanding of the polishes.

Back