Exoforma drying towel ???

Don M

Reaction score
Exoforma drying towel

I need a new drying towel, the one I have is smaller and seems to be worn out...I have to get it wet and wring it out like a chamois for it to work and it seems like I have to wring it out more and more often as I dry my cars and it's been leaving streaks of water behind. I have to wipe my cars more than I like to. It's an older no-name waffle weave towel, that's just not getting it anymore. It's about 14" X 14."

This exoforma towel keeps popping up in my FaceBook feed. It's 24" X 36" looks very plush and retails around $25. The video demo looks promising, but then again, it's FaceBook advertising and just about everything I see advertised on FB is not that great - product wise.

Would this be worth getting or should I look elsewhere?

PFM all the way, Don.

Why guess on those FB ads?

Get the real deal! :)

I think the Griot's PFM drying towels are also really nice. I would get the small size, it's much more manageable.

Also - when it comes to these types of weaves - you MUST keep them from becoming contaminated. So have a storage solution for dirty towels to keep them clean. Also have a washing, drying and storing plan in place.

:)

To my knowledge, they are a copy of the Griot's PFM towels. I do not know if one is better than the other.

My opinion on these types of towels as they are great for "Maintenance Washes" but the MOST important thing is to have a laundry process in place that insures thee closed-loop weave design does NOT become contaminated or you will scratch your car's finish.

The biggest reason I harp on this point is because in my life, I simply do not see most people don't have a process or a protocol in place that meets my criteria. The results are you scratch your car's paint.

Here's one of my quotes for this industry,

It takes hours to buff out a car and only seconds to put scratches back into the paint -Mike Phillips

And the "seconds to put scratches back into the paint" normally comes from contaminated "things" that are used to "touch" the paint.

:)

Back