Gimmie your two cents

opie

Reaction score
Say you have a vehicle..be it big or small that you take to truck shows, and its ceramic coated(gyeon mohs evo). It gets driven to the shows. So its dusty/dirty and you want to clean it up before the show, but you dont have access to a hose or anything. Mind you these folks are not like us...miticulous about how and what use use to touch the paint. Most just use a few mf towles and a detail spray or similar.

Gimmie your two cents on what you would reccomend said individuals on how to clean up the ride at a show. Be it products, or a process. Keeping it as simple as can be for the majority of non detail freaks

Rememeber they aint gonna bust out a pump sprayer/ rinseless soulution and pre spray before preforming a rinseless...even though that might be a good aproach lol.

Simple -

1. Use a spray detailer for removing dust, smudges and fingerprints that you're ALREADY accustomed to.
  2. Have a collection of clean UNCONTAMINATED microfiber towels stored ins some kind of container/bag so they stay clean while in the car.
  3. Start at the top and work you're way down and around the car.
  4. Work a small section at a time when working outside in sunny or hot conditions.

Or

Leave the car alone, display it and have fun and clean her up when you return home.

Apologies for the delay in answering, I'm currently in Chicago starting the 4th day of a 5 day class.

5-Day Class - Pro Skills & Business - Chicago IL - April 8th through April 12th

Mike

actually your repsonse was very quick. Thankyou for your response!

I was originally thinking along the lines of recommending the customer use a rinseless wash dilution or waterless wash to wipedown with but i can here your timeless saying of
KISS echoing through your post.

Thanks mike.

I think best option would be rinseless wash or detail spray. Optimum ONR or P&S absolute with a wash mitt, optimum sponge, or multiple plush microfibers. Then a good drying towel like autofiber dreadnought.

My two cents😀

I was originally thinking along the lines of recommending the customer use a rinseless wash dilution or waterless wash to wipedown with but i can here your timeless saying of
KISS echoing through your post.

Thanks mike.

KISS is the direction you want to go. If the owner is not naturally talented or experienced in touching paint without screwing it up - then Keep It Simple Simon.

Recommend a SIMPLE spray detailer from an established brand that they can purchase retail easily.

MORE IMPORTANT

Teach them how to inspect their wiping towels both visually and tactically. Explain to them that the way swirls and scratches get INTO the paint is via the way WE TOUCH the paint.

Dirt, contaminated wash mitts, drying towels and wiping towels put swirls and scratches into paint.

Mike

Back