May 3-Day Class - Training Cars and Boats - No chairs. No sitting. No PowerPoint

Mike Phillips

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
themikephillipsforum.com
May 3-Day Class - Training Cars and Boats - No chairs. No sitting. No PowerPoint

Class dates

Friday May 3rd
- Paint correction and ceramic coatings
Saturday May 4th - Removing orange peel via sanding - see training CARS below - no demo hoods
Sunday May 5th - Extreme Boat Detailing

Click here to sign-up for this class

Here are the training cars and boats for the May 3-Day Class. This class is $1,795.00 and you will learn more topics, tools and techniques, plus work on more actual cars, (no demo hoods), and boats than ANY OTHER CLASS on planet Earth. I guarantee it. Need proof? Take a look for yourself.

FRIDAY - Paint Correction & Ceramic Coatings

The first day, you’re going to learn the 3 major types of paint correction that match the 3 basic MENU PACKAGE OPTIONS you should be offering your customers if you detail for money. Not every customer wants or needs a show car detailing package as most of your customers are bringing you their daily driver grocery getter or commuter car.

Here are the training cars for the first day,

1941 Grahm Hollywood Streetod
- Custom basecoat/clearcoat finish

This is a unique and rare car, especially in modified form as a streetrod. In 1939, Graham-Paige made a deal with the ailing Hupp Motor Co. in late 1939. According to the deal, the faltering company entered into an arrangement with Hupmobile to build cars based on the body dies of the stunning Gordon Buehrig-designed Cord 810/812. In an effort to remain in business, Hupp had acquired the Cord dies, but lacked the financial resources to build the car.

Graham agreed to build the Hupmobile Skylark on a contract basis, while receiving the rights to use the distinctive Cord dies to produce a similar car of its own, to be called the Hollywood. So that's what this car is, it's a Graham Hollywood - Streetrod.

full

2000 BMW Z3 Convertible
You will be learning One-Step Paint Correction and Ceramic Coatings on this BMW PLUS how to correctly wash and protect a canvas convertible top.

full

full

Chevy 4x4 Monster Truck
One of the STYLES of detailing I teach over the decades is called, Beater Detailing. This is where we take a car that definitely has a cool factor, but it's kind of on the beater side. For this style of detailing, we go over how to correctly use a 1-Step Ceramic AIO. The class will have the chance to SAVE this paint job. My prediction is - this will be one the student's top picks for favorite car they detailed at this class. For this truck, the class will start out with rotary polishers and wool pads with NSP 150 and finish out using orbital polishers with the Dr. Beasley's Z1 Ceramic AIO.

full

1987 Chevy Stepside Shorty Custom Square Body Pickup
You will be learning One-Step Paint Correction and Ceramic Coatings
full

More cars to come...

Saturday - How to remove orange peel

For the Saturday class, we cover how to remove orange peel via dry sanding by hand and dry sanding by machine. This is followed by using the rotary polisher skill you learn on Friday to remove 100% of the sanding marks. After that, you will use the orbital polisher skills you learned on Friday to create a swirl-free, hologram-free finish. Then you'll seal the paint using a ceramic coating.

Here's the sanding cars for your class.

1981 Corvette - Fresh custom black paint job

full

1931 Ford Model A Streetrod - This car is in primer as of today, March 29th, but is going to the body shop for a fresh RED paint job a few weeks before this class.

full

full

full

full

full

Sunday - Extreme Boat Detailing

We bring in the worst condition boats because boats in this condition enable me to TEACH the most topics, tools, techniques and products. This class starts with machine wetsanding AND machine dry sanding using gear-driven orbital polishers. After the sanding steps, you get a chance to test out your rotary polisher skills on GELCOAT! The expectation is 100% sanding mark removal. After removing the sanding marks, next you’ll train on gelcoat using orbital polishers followed by how to correctly install a marine gelcoat ceramic coating.

For the boat class, we have 2 boats to knock out in a single day.

24' Robalo Center Console

Fresh pictures next week showing the oxidation and dock rash.

full

full

full

full

Emblem Ghosting - Common problem - You will learn how to fix this problem.

full

full

full

For what it's worth - NO OTHER class shows you what you get to train on BEFORE you pay for the class. You have to cross your fingers and hope you actually get to work on a car or something and not demo hoods. LOL

This class will sell out - get signed up sooner than later - you snooze - you lose...

Questions about this class? Shoot me a text or call me.

760-515-0444

Mike

Last edited:
***Update***

I just confirmed this really cool and also BLACK - 1981 Corvette with a fresh, custom paint job.

full

full

full

full

FREE LESSON

One of the things I practice myself and teach in my classes, is the Best Practice of doing everything you can to contact the person that sprayed the custom paint on any car you're being asked to sand and buff, and then calling this person and asking them,

How many coats of paint did you spray?

If you can get the contact phone number for the painter, my experience is the painter is always friendly and happy to share with you how much paint they sprayed onto the car. In this example, the owner of the Corvette, Mark, gave me the painter's name and phone number - Claudio. I just got off the phone with Claudio and he said they sprayed,

• 3 layers of black basecoat
  • 3 layers of clearcoat

Knowing this, and with Claudio's assurance, I feel comfortable bringing this Corvette to the Dr. Beasley's O.R. here in sunny, Stuart Florida for the DRY SANDING portion of the upcoming 3-day class in May. And this was your FREE LESSON - always do your best to talk to the painter and find out how much clearcoat they sprayed when working on a custom basecoat/clearcoat paint system and/or always find out how much single stage paint was sprayed if working on a custom single stage paint job.

The process the students in this upcoming May class will learn,

Step 1 Prep Wash that includes mechanical decontamination. Chances are good there's some form of contamination on the paint and for this I teach removing the contamination using clay detailing towels during the was process and not removing the contamination with our expensive Eagle Abrasives/KOVAX hand sanding sheets.

Step 1 Hand dry sand with Eagle Abrasives/KOVAX hand sanding blocks and SuperAssilex Peach K-1500 sanding sheets.

Step 2 Machine dry sand with Eagle Abrasives/KOVAX hand sanding blocks and Supe Buflex Blue K-2500 sanding discs.

Step 3 Sanding mark removal - Dr. Beasley's NSP 150 with wool pads and rotary polishers.

Step 4 Hologram removal using Dr. Beasley's NSP 95 with foam pads and orbital polishers.

Step 5 Ceramic coating installation and certification with Dr. Beasley's Nano-Resin Ceramic Coatings.

This is a 100% hands on class. There are no chairs. No sitting. No PowerPoint presentation. So, get a good night's sleep the night before the class.

The price for this 3-day class is $1,795.00 This includes,

Day 1 - Extreme Paint Correction & Ceramic Coatings
Day 2 - Show car sanding and buffing - Dry Sanding plus Rotary Polishers
Day 3 - Extreme Boat Detailing - Machine wet sanding, Rotary Polishers, Orbital Polishers, Marine Gelcoat Ceramic Coating

Plus, tons of other topics, tools and techniques always share in these infamous No Chairs Classes. These are the most popular and profitable topics you will learn in a single weekend. We cover more topics in a single day than most any other class covers in 2,3, and 4 days! But... there's no chairs and no sitting time. We start early and we don't stop until every topic is covered and the cars and boats are completely finished and ready for the owners to pick up.

760-515-0444

Mike

***Update***

Here's some fresh pictures showing the current condition and level of oxidation for the 24' Sea Hunt Center Console Boat that will be here for the 3-day class in May.

full

full

full

full

There's no other class where you get to learn,

Day 1: Multiple types of paint correction and ceramic coatings on 3-6 cars THE FIRST DAY!

Day 2: How to remove orange peel via dry sanding by hand and machine plus rotary polishers!

Day 3: Extreme Boat Detailing - Machine wetsanding, machine dry sanding plus Gelcoat Ceramic Coatings!

No chairs. No sitting. No PowerPoint! 100 hands-on from start until end of day.

This class will sell out - get signed up sooner than later - you snooze - you lose...

760-515-0444

Mike

***Update***

The Corvette arrived this last Saturday. I've taken some pictures to photo-document how bad the custom paint job came out.

No problemo - our class is going to FIX it.

full

full

full

full

full

full

full

full

full

full

full

full

full

full

We will also be using this car for our LIVE class this Wednesday and next Wednesday to show how to remove orange peel via wetsanding by hand, and the following week, wetsanding by machine.

Mike

***Update***

The 1931 Model A Streetrod went into the paint booth YESTERDAY!

full

I'm waiting for the owner to send me some pictures of this streetrod at the body shop and hopefully while she's in the paint booth. If I get them, and as soon as I get them, I'll share here.

When you take our class, you get to work on the real deal. It's been this way since 2009. Back when I was with Meguiar's, 1987 to 2009, most of the detailing classes I taught were academic classes, you know, the kind with PowerPoint presentations followed by a DEMONSTRATION for how to do detailing. When I went to the geek, I changed the format completely to working and training on real cars and boats. about 2014, I dumped the PowerPoint presentations and switched to no chairs, full hands-on training and of course, cool cars and boats in horrible condition.

The real-deal training.

Mike

More...

Airports - Hotels - Restaurants - Plus things to do in Stuart Florida!

full

Thank you for signing up for one of our detailing classes here at Dr. Beasley’s O. R. - We do everything we can to make it as easy as possible to get here and have a great time! This includes getting you accurate information about the nearby airports with the correct airport codes, the closest and best hotels to stay at while you're here and also the best place to get great FRESH seafood or any type of cuisine you prefer.

Airports

The closest and thus fastest and easiest to get to Dr. Beasley’s O. R.

West Palm Beach Airport - Airport Code: PBI

Approximately 30 minutes from Autogeek.com Corporate Offices <--Closest airport to Dr. Beasley’s O. R. Straight shot on I-95

Fort Lauderdale Airport - Airport Code: FLL

Approximately 2 hours away from Dr. Beasley’s O. R. - Straight shot on I-95

More Florida Airports - Further away from AutoForge.net

Miami Airport - Airport Code: MIA

Approximately 2 hours and 30 minutes away from Dr. Beasley’s O. R. with great traffic conditions - Straight shot on I-95

Orlando Airport - Airport Code: MCO

Approximately 3 hours away from Dr. Beasley’s O. R. with great traffic conditions. - Must take multiple highways and/or toll roads but doable.

Hotels

Note: Pricing is dynamic and varies by dates.

These first two hotels are the closest to our training center. They are literally right down the road.

Courtyard Stuart
7615 SW Lost River Road
Stuart, Florida 34997
772-781-3344

There is an in-house restaurant, Starbucks and full bar. The Cracker Barrel, McDonald's and Chevron Gas Station/Mini Mart are right next door.

Holiday Inn Express - Stuart Florida
7900 SW Lost River Road
Stuart, FL 34997
772-287-2522

Dunkin Donuts and La Forchetta - an Italian Restaurant are both right next door in the same parking lot. I highly recommend La Forchetta - superb, authentic Italian food. Wendy's is also on the entrance road.

Continued
All other hotels are going to be a few miles down the road but still and easy drive on Kanner Road.

Comfort Suites Stuart-Hutchinson Island - (The name is misleading as this hotel is smack dab in the middle of Stuart, not on Hutchinson Island)
3423 SE Federal Highway
Stuart, FL 34997
772-888-2424
Note: I have not stayed here but past class students that have all say it's really nice and more affordable than the Courtyard Stuart. There is no in-house restaurant or bar.

Quality Inn Downtown Stuart
950 SE Federal Highway
Stuart, FL 34997
772-287-3171

Note: I have not stayed here and have no info about it. It is right next door to a very popular local restaurant Flanigan's, which does have great food and drink.

Restaurants

Stuart has a LOT of great restaurants close by and if you like great seafood that's fresh, then there are plenty to choose from. The below are some of my favorites.

Close to Dr. Beasley’s O. R. and the above listed hotels

Fresh Catch Seafood Grill - Seafood - One of my personal favorite for seafood - we normally hold our Meet-N-Greet at Fresh Catch. The owner's two sons are local commercial fishermen, thus the name fresh catch
1411 SE Indian Street
Stuart, FL 34997
772-286-6711

La Forchetta - Italian - VERY authentic Italian food - highly recommended if you like Italian food. Small size, best to make reservations.
7820 SW Lost River Road
Stuart, FL 34997
772-872-7333

Flanigan's - Award winning ribs, chicken wings and burgers
950 SE Federal Highway
Stuart, FL 34994
772-220-0039

Anthony’s Coal Fired Pizza & Wings - Amazing wings and pizza
2343 Southeast Federal Highway
Stuart, FL 34994
772-287-7741

A tick more of a drive but incredible places with great food

Stuart Boathouse Restaurant - Bar - On the water - great view, great food and drinks - in old downtown Stuart, parking can be tight during peak hours
49 SW Seminole Street
Stuart, FL 34997

Dolphin Bar & Shrimp House - On the water - 2 bars - amazing food
1401 NE Indian River Dr
Jensen Beach, FL 34957
772-781-5136

Kyle G's - Seafood - Steak - Chicken - On the water with amazing Ocean view
10900 S Ocean Drive
Hutchinson Island, FL 34957
772-237-5461

Talk:House - Incredible experience - amazing seafood as well as traditional American cuisine
514 NW Dixie Highway
Stuart, FL 34994
772-692-3662

Things to do around Stuart!

A lot of people attending our classes bring their families and are looking for fun things to do with their kids while mom or dad are at the class. Below are a few resources to get you started.

Bathtub Beach in Jensen Beach - Very close to Stuart
1585 SE MacArthur Blvd, Stuart, FL 34996
This is a easy to access beach with an artificial reef separating it from the ocean, which acts to keep out sharks for a family friendly and kid-safe ocean swimming experience. I'm a distance swimmer myself and always feel safe when I go swimming at Bathtub Beach.
View Webcam

Jensen Beach
4191 NE Ocean Blvd, Jensen Beach, FL 34957
View Webcam

Chastain Beach
1213 SE McArthur Blvd.
Hutchinson Island Beaches, FL
Guarded, seasonally. Natural beach. Bathrooms, showers. Is between the House of Refuge and Bathtub Reef along A1A.

Hobe Sound - (Hobe is pronounced HOPE - you say the letter P instead of the letter B)
Hobe Sound Beach, Jupiter Island, FL 33455
View Webcam

Florida Oceanographic Society
Florida Oceanographic Society is a non-profit organization founded in 1964 with the mission to inspire environmental stewardship of Florida's coastal ecosystems through education, research and advocacy.

Florida Oceanographic Coastal Center is a 57-acre marine life nature center located on Hutchinson Island in Stuart, FL situated between the Indian River and the Atlantic Ocean. As a leading state and nationally recognized environmental organization, Florida Oceanographic offers educational programs to people of all ages and conducts research and restoration programs that lead to healthy coastal ecosystems.
Check out LIVE FISH via the FISH CAM!

Questions? Help? Recommendations?

760-515-0444

-Mike Phillips

***Update***

Tony Pando with Dr. ColorChip will be here at our May class to teach how to correctly use the Dr. ColorChip Rock Chip Repair System.

Just like last time, this class will start at 7:30am SHARP! We start early and train HARD each day, all day.

full

full

After the class session on Dr. ColorChip, next up is learning how to use the 3M Trizact Damp Sanding System on the 1941 Grahm Hollywood.

full

full

Mike

Last edited:
***Update***

The 1931 Ford is being prepped to enter the paint booth today. In our 3-day classes, we have the longest history of any class for bringing in the real-deal. What is the real-deal? Glad you asked, in the real-world, the kind of cars that get sanded are typically special interest car like classics, muscle cars and hotrods. These types of cars get restored or customized and then at some point - they get a CUSTOM PAINT JOB.

After painting, these are the types of cars that actually get sanded, cut and polished.

For our 3-day class in May, we have

1931 Ford Model A Streetrod - FRESH custom Ferrari red paint job
1981 Corvette - FREST custom black paint job.
1941 Grahm Hollywood Streetrod - CUSTOM paint job.

That's 3 cars with custom paint and plenty of orange peel. Our class will learn 3 types of sanding

1. Hand sanding dry - KOVAX
  2. Machine sanding dry - KOVAX
  3. Machine sanding wet - Trizact

For each car, the class will also learn how to use the rotary polisher with wool cutting pads to remove 100% of the sanding marks. This is followed with using orbital polishers to create a swirl-free and hologram-free show car finish. The class will also ceramic coat all 3 cars. That's a LOT of training over the course of 2 days. Then the third day the class takes the sanding and rotary skills they learned on Friday and Saturday on cars and then take on a huge center console boat.

No chairs. No sitting. No PowerPoint. 100% hands-on training. We start early and work until all topics are covered, and all cars and boats are finished. If you find you're the kind of person that learns better by doing versus sitting in a chair - then get signed-up for one of our classes.

Next class, Friday May 3rd, Saturday May 4th and Sunday May 5th

Questions? Call or text 760-515-0444

Hope to see you at a future class!

Here's pictures showing the 1931 Model A Streetrod being prepped to go into the paint booth. This is going to be a GREAT training car for the May class students.

Body work and primer being performed...

full

full

Edges being sprayed with basecoat

full

full

full

full

full

full

Stay tuned for pictures of the Model A in the paint booth.

Mike

Last edited:
Reactions: Mak
***Update***

The Model A is out of the paint booth this morning! Our class will be sanding this fresh paint in 8 days!

full

full

full

full

full

Awesome training car for sanding and how to correctly use a rotary polisher for the class next weekend.

Mike

***Update**

The 1988 Chevy Crew Cab Monster Truck for Beater Detailing has arrived!

full

I've changed the rotation for traiing vehicles. This will be the first training car or training truck for Friday morning. The class will start out training with rotary polishers on this truck, this will get them warmed up for using a rotary polisher to remove the sanding marks out of the 1941 Grahm Hollywood after dampsanding with 3M Trizact.

Mike

Back