Mothers Powerball Mini

I’ve looked at that one and I think they have a finer cut model as well as the LC ball since I’d like to polish my wheels, can’t decide!!
I’ll be following the thread.
JF

I have one that I use on one of my bikes rear wheel. It's a solid aluminum disc type wheel and the Power Ball fits the contours perfectly. It works well for that application but I've never used it for anything else.

Truthfully, if I didn't have that particular wheel to polish I don't see much use for it.

EDIT: I added a couple pics... See Post #10.

Last edited:
I believe I have one. I haven't polished any aluminum wheels with it yet, but if your going to use it to polish chrome you have to keep the speed under 300 RPM's, or at least I believe that's what the Mother's customer service rep told me when I called them some time ago inquiring about their chrome polish. Overall I thought it worked pretty good. It takes a while to dry after you clean it..I let mine sit and air dry on a table for a couple of days, or you could dangle it from a string somewhere to dry. I use the BF Citrus Pad Cleaner to clean it.

Just to add, I don't think it's a one size fits all tool. I believe you would need at least the power cone as well so you can fit the tool to the job. I believe the power cone will be better at getting into intricate areas.

Just to add, I don't think it's a one size fits all tool. I believe you would need at least the power cone as well so you can fit the tool to the job. I believe the power cone will be better at getting into intricate areas.
I agree, the power cone is a lot more versatile.

Last edited:
Thanks, Jake.

I have a very specific task in mind for it. The (5) small curves on each of my chrome wheels that are a real pain in the a$$ to polish with just one finger and an applicator pad.

The rest of the entire wheel surface, I can use a 3" pad to get at it one way or the other.

Thanks, Jake.

I have a very specific task in mind for it. The (5) small curves on each of my chrome wheels that are a real pain in the a$$ to polish with just one finger and an applicator pad.

The rest of the entire wheel surface, I can use a 3" pad to get at it one way or the other.
What kind of 3" pads will you be using? I also prefer to use 3" pads with my FLEX PXE 80 when I can. I just used some spare LC heavy polishing pads in the past so I'm curious to see what you use.

What kind of 3" pads will you be using? I also prefer to use 3" pads with my FLEX PXE 80 when I can. I just used some spare LC heavy polishing pads in the past so I'm curious to see what you use.
I have some LC Flat White pads. I never need to go "nuts", as I have always babied my wheels, but once in a while, I like to hit them with a machine using an AIO, or fine polish.

Here's a couple pics of the wheel I mentioned in Post #3 that I use the Mother's Mini Power Ball on. I just detailed the bike this week and polishing the rear wheel was part of that process.

20210811_140450resized.jpg
20210811_140546resized.jpg

Back