My oldest YouTube Video from the year 2007 - How to Clay Bar

Mike Phillips

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
themikephillipsforum.com
My oldest YouTube Video from the year 2007 - How to Clay Bar

This was a video shot by my long-time friend Shawn Barry at one of the Meguiar's TNOGS, which stands for Thursday Night Open Garage.

While this was the first YouTube video I was in, (Shawn made it), I think Richard Linn and I filmed and sold our first DVD in 2006 - can't find a picture of it online but I still have a couple of these DVD's in my collection of wax stuff.

Shawn Barry Video Channel - Link to videos with most popular first

-Mike Phillips

Last edited:
Here's a screenshot from the video - behind me is a 1974 Datsun 260Z I was driving at the time.

full

Mike

Here's what's interesting, later down the road, Shawn made this video explaining that he was going to start using his channel again but it's not going to be about car detailing but more about photography and video topics. It was very polite of him to simply let people know that found the detailing clay video that he's going to leave the clay video on his channel but he's taking his channel a different direction. He then recommended if anyone was coming to his channel looking for detailing videos to go ahead and unscubscribe and that's okay. Class act.

Here's that video and it's 7 years old since when it was made.

I'm grateful he left the clay video up, it's just part of my own online detailing history.

Mike

Back