Next Polisher Purchase

Yes. I'll have a review for it next week.

I'm using it on a 1968 Chevelle tomorrow. Owner contacted my as a referral from Shawn Kiddy of Kiddy's Classics. Owner says he got caught in the rain and the rain left water spots in the paint that won't wipe-off.

From the pictures, it looks to be a very high-end build. I'll start on this car tomorrow at 9:00am doing a Test Spot first and then after dialing in the best process finishing her out.

full

full

Stay tuned...

:)
Can the 3D polisher be converted to a 3 inch backing plate like the Porter Cable if need be?

Oh nice! Sounds like you’ll be having fun tomorrow.

Staying tuned….

Apologies for the delay. I detailed the Chevelle and will archive my work on this forum as soon as I get a chance. Until then I shared this job here,

1968 Chevelle - Remove water spots and holograms - detailed by Mike Phillips with 3D Products

Topping with 3D POXY
Here's the Chevelle after 3D SPEED. Next I'm going to top the 3D SPEED using 3D POXY for longer lasting protection and a deep, wet slick shine and for this step I'm switching over to the 3D 8mm free spinning random orbital polisher.

full

full

full

Machine applying 3D POXY using this tool on the 5 speed setting.

full
[/URL]

Here's my take...

This polisher works just as well as the Porter Cable as an entry level 8mm free spinning random orbital polisher.

One thing I liked about it over the Porter Cable is each time you adjust the speed dial you can hear and feel a matching increase in motor speed. As most people that have ever used a Porter Cable know, this is not true with the Porter Cable. The motor speed is about the same on the 1-3 speed settings. You can hear and feel an increase in speed when you adjust from 3-4. You can feel and here a change in speed when you go from 4-5 and there's a tick of an increase from 5-6.

20 years ago I spoke with an Engineer for Black & Decker who had contacts with the staff at Porter Cable. I asked him to ask his contacts if they would like feedback on how they could improve the Porter Cable. He came back to me and said they didn't care to here any feedback. Stanley Black & Decker owns Porter Cable.

I thought it was a shame that a large, successful company didn't want to hear from their customers but that's the way it goes...

:(

Here's my take...

This polisher works just as well as the Porter Cable as an entry level 8mm free spinning random orbital polisher.

One thing I liked about it over the Porter Cable is each time you adjust the speed dial you can hear and feel a matching increase in motor speed. As most people that have ever used a Porter Cable know, this is not true with the Porter Cable. The motor speed is about the same on the 1-3 speed settings. You can hear and feel an increase in speed when you adjust from 3-4. You can feel and here a change in speed when you go from 4-5 and there's a tick of an increase from 5-6.

20 years ago I spoke with an Engineer for Black & Decker who had contacts with the staff at Porter Cable. I asked him to ask his contacts if they would like feedback on how they could improve the Porter Cable. He came back to me and said they didn't care to here any feedback. Stanley Black & Decker owns Porter Cable.

I thought it was a shame that a large, successful company didn't want to hear from their customers but that's the way it goes...

:(
Thanks Mike. I was just looking to supplement my Supa Beast for those softer paints and tricky black piano plastic on my car. Can the 3D polisher backing plate be swapped with a 3 inch backing plate like the Porter Cable?

Thanks Mike. I was just looking to supplement my Supa Beast for those softer paints and tricky black piano plastic on my car. Can the 3D polisher backing plate be swapped with a 3 inch backing plate like the Porter Cable?

Yes. The 3D DA Polisher has a 5/16 fine thread like a Porter Cable polisher and all the other common polishers like these two tools.

I'm stepping out to the 3D Garage to machine wax a 1957 Ferrari 250 Testa Rosa

full

Yes. The 3D DA Polisher has a 5/16 fine thread like a Porter Cable polisher and all the other common polishers like these two tools.

full

Whoa! That’s one sweet ride! And thanks for the polisher info!

Last edited by a moderator:

full

Hello Mike! Hope all is well. Caught your latest video with Yancy regarding the 2 step vs 1 step, and I must say, it was great seeing you guys back together. 👍🏻

Well, round 3 on the polisher questions…..😀

I ended up purchasing the Porter Cable to supplement my Supa Beast as my local Home Depot had a great deal. And now I’m itching for yet another polisher.

At this point, I don’t need another polisher, but the collection bug bit me. So for my 3rd polisher (actually my 4th as I also have the Milwaukee cordless rotary for tire scrubbing etc) what would you recommend?

Got my eyes on the cordless Cbeast as I enjoy cordless tools. But is it too much overlap with my Supa Beast? Are you using the Cbeast more often during your details?

Thanks again,

James

Hello Mike! Hope all is well. Caught your latest video with Yancy regarding the 2 step vs 1 step, and I must say, it was great seeing you guys back together. 👍🏻
Well, round 3 on the polisher questions…..😀

I ended up purchasing the Porter Cable to supplement my Supa Beast as my local Home Depot had a great deal. And now I’m itching for yet another polisher.

At this point, I don’t need another polisher, but the collection bug bit me. So for my 3rd polisher (actually my 4th as I also have the Milwaukee cordless rotary for tire scrubbing etc) what would you recommend?

Got my eyes on the cordless Cbeast as I enjoy cordless tools. But is it too much overlap with my Supa Beast? Are you using the Cbeast more often during your details?

Thanks again,

James
Any insight Mike? I know you’re really busy. Thanks again.

Back