Not a good sign

Hold onto your hats! It's back up, with all the old content. As predicted, bookmarked threads don't work (as of right now). Going to try to log in.

EDIT: logged in first shot

EDIT EDIT: as Mike predicted, looks like the pictures aren't working (as of right now)

EDIT EDIT EDIT: Well, I checked one of Mike's threads and the pictures didn't work, I presume those pics were in the forum gallery. However, I see in one of the "timeline" threads pictures that people posted from Tapatalk seem to be working fine.

Last edited:
Here's the link to a thread I created for my last detailing class

Autogeek Record - Most cars in garage at one time

The pictures I uploaded to the gallery are currently missing. A picture I uploaded using TapaTalk is still showing.

855e94b8ca1e56e346cafbd3c8bfd1ff.jpg

Hopefully it's just a matter of working out coding bugs. But if they get rid of the old gallery, then coding won't matter, the pictures will be gone forever, like on MeguiarsOnline.com

Mike

Just realized, the thread and the picture above is NOT my largest class or the record for how many cars I was able to get into the Show Car Garage, here's the picture that shows the record.

There are 13 cars in the garage and 4 more in the warehouse because they couldn't fit in the garage for a total of 17 cars for one class.

full

I've never beat that record and I've never seen any other detailing class even come close.

And someone at the geek referred to the Show Car Garage as wasted space LOL

Mike

FWIW

I was able to log into AG using my existing user name and password and it has my stats and personal info intact

Yeah I saw that, I just went in and there's a spam explosion, multiple old threads, like 5 pages, with new posts about gaming. Damn frustrating.
I was reporting those posts for SPAM and gave up because I simply couldn't keep up

Had to be a spam bot

I have never seen anything like that, that could pump out that volume that fast

The system has been down again for quite a while and I wonder if it was simply overwhelmed

I'm confident Juan will tweak the settings to block known spammers.

My Xenforo is set up for me to approve all new members and the Xenforo software, at least the way I have it setup, the software flags all known and blacklisted IP's and emails after automatically checking against the StopForumSpam.com database.

I have spammers join each and every day but removing and reporting is super simple.

I don't think I've ever had a spammer post on this forum.

Mike

The system has been down again for quite a while and I wonder if it was simply overwhelmed

I'm hoping they're still tweaking the code to restore all the Photo Gallery pictures. It will be so sad to see the tens of thousands of images lost forever.

Fingers crossed.

Mike

I believe last time I checked one of your threads over there, the pictures were intact, after initially not being so. We'll have to wait until it's back up to be sure.

Yeah, except the spam is unreal over there...are you just lucky here or are you just so good at extracting it (after all your years administrating forums) that we never notice?

I had my Xenforo Mechanic set-up my forum. At the top left corner of my screen is notification of pending members. I see it but you don't see it because I'm the Admin.

I click on this each day, and it pulls up a list of everyone that has registered since the day before. Spammers are flagged. All I have to do is click on "Spam Clean" and they go away and just as important, the StopForumSpam.com database is updated.

I have anywhere for 2 to a dozen spammers trying to join every day.

Xenforo makes it easy. So does having an Xenforo Mechanic.

Mike

Yeah, except the spam is unreal over there...are you just lucky here or are you just so good at extracting it (after all your years administrating forums) that we never notice?

Here's what I came into this morning.

full

I >click< on Spam Clean and they be gone.

Easy-Peasy

Mike

If they can't get the photos back it's going to be a huge knowledge lost. I learned so much from your posts over the years.

Thank you, much appreciated to know my works helped out.

As time goes by, I'll be loading this forum up with more and more how-to information.

Stay tuned and here's a fresh Full Garage picture I just took a few minutes ago. Wasted space LOL

full

Mike

Back