Oxidized White Plastic

Skier404

Reaction score
I have A 30 foot white toy hauler trailer, it has been sitting outside under tree cover for the last three months in northern Minnesota. The painted fiberglass cleaned up beautifully as it gets waxed every year with Black Fire one step. I'm having issues getting the White textured plastic cleaned, it has light black staining that I can't identify, my first guess would be mold as it seems to have not just on the surface of the plastic. I will add photos when I get home from work.

So far I have not tried anything more aggressive then a 30:1 mixture of 3D Super citrus APC. This got off the surface crud, but didn't touch the grime that appears sub surface.

I'm having issues getting the White textured plastic cleaned, it has light black staining that I can't identify, my first guess would be mold as it seems to have not just on the surface of the plastic.

If the textured area is smooth - like Chip Guard (a textured type of paint), I'd buff over it with the AIO you're using or 3D SPEED. It will do the job and wipe off easy.

If the textured areas are gritty or rough - then I'd try the Comet option with a brush.

:)

Thank you for the help Mike. My apologies for not getting back to this thread. Life happened and got side track. The comet worked perfectly. Used comet with a medium stiffness brush with light agitation.

Back