tjonesdfw
New member
I have a new light colored vehicle that has black anodized aluminum parts and pebbled unfinished plastic trim on nearly every panel. There is also a rubber rub rail all the way around the vehicle. I live in a hot climate where its over 90-100F for much of the year, and have an unconditioned garage for detailing, however ambient can still hover near 100F. Truck has partial front PPF, is parked outside much of the time, and gets hand washed about once a month.
I don't have the time to apply a full ceramic coating and let it cure, so I started looking at the various spray on and or rub on/wipe off coatings such as CarPro, Opti, Gyeon, Griots, etc. Fellow owners have ruined the plastic trim on this vehicle when using products like Turtle Wax Hybrid Solutions Ceramic 3 in 1, and TEC582 on nearby paint. Some sealants also report incompatibility with rubber trim. Between those reported incompatibilities with the plastic and rubber trim and lower required application temps, I'm at an impasse.
What would you recommend I use to give the truck some meaningful protection? I'm fine with twice a year application if it doesn't require taping off all the plastic and ambient application temps below 85F.
I don't have the time to apply a full ceramic coating and let it cure, so I started looking at the various spray on and or rub on/wipe off coatings such as CarPro, Opti, Gyeon, Griots, etc. Fellow owners have ruined the plastic trim on this vehicle when using products like Turtle Wax Hybrid Solutions Ceramic 3 in 1, and TEC582 on nearby paint. Some sealants also report incompatibility with rubber trim. Between those reported incompatibilities with the plastic and rubber trim and lower required application temps, I'm at an impasse.
What would you recommend I use to give the truck some meaningful protection? I'm fine with twice a year application if it doesn't require taping off all the plastic and ambient application temps below 85F.