Polisher upgrade

RaoulT

Reaction score
Hello.

I need some advice or feedback on an upgrade to my old PC 7336.

I want some input and feedback from you guys here and see which will be a very nice upgrade to my PC.

I am no pro, i only have 2 newish Mazdas to take care of. Paint is relatively in good condition, ie light swirls fortunately.

Okay, help me out here: I like the idea of cordless. I have 2 choices, the XFE or the CBeast. I work mainly on the driveway because i dont have a garage. drag my extension cord out and also because I have a CX5, i feel that the cord is cumbersome when i do the roof and I am on a platform.
Which of the 2 will be best suited to my situation?

How is the battery/technology with that? Are these cordless (also being brushless) more reliable, or will they last me longer? Or should I go to the corded route?

Thank you guys in advance for your inputs, especially Mike. I know you are very familiar with these machines.

Raoul

Raoul-

Hi. I took advantage of the recent flex sale at AG and ordered the XCE 10-8 "supa beast". In fact it just arrived yesterday. I have 3 vehicles...all medium SUV's plus a 26 ft. boat. I went with corded technology for the extra power especially when working on my boat's gel coat. I also took Mike's advice and ordered the larger backing plates plus the 180mm Rupes pads. This is a huge upgrade for me from my 10 year old DA polisher. Now if this AZ weather will cool down so my garage is not 108 degrees.

Attachments

• tn_Polisher 2 (2).jpg
    tn_Polisher 2 (2).jpg
    8.9 KB · Views: 2
@goheelsaz,

Thanks for your input. I know what you mean of the heat! Right now it's burning here in LA.
Let us know how you find your supa beast.
Unfortunately I do not know anyone near me who can let me try his/her finisher or beast (cordless or not).

I went from the PC to a 3401 a decade ago because of the forced rotation and love it. I purchased a Griots cordless (now discontinued) and love it for "spreading product". I purchased a cordless XFE and now kinda miss the forced rotation.... I should have done the CBeast.

Flex is good in battery technology. Cordless is the way to go for a driveway warrior .... you'll curse yourself every use if you don't! ;)

Raoul-

Hi. I took advantage of the recent flex sale at AG and ordered the XCE 10-8 "supa beast". In fact it just arrived yesterday.
You will be quite pleased! I love mine

If you are planning to go cordless get the CBEAST. The XFE doesn't have the cutting power and is more for finishing. You get 2 batteries with the CBEAST and that is plenty. Keep the PC for finishing until you pick up the XFE at a later time.

I personally love the CBEAST - but if you're a person that ever has the need for doing serious paint correction - the Supa BEAST is the way to go.

That said, the CBEAST definitely had more correction power than the Porter Cable polisher. So if a Porter Cable polisher has been getting the job done for you for years - the the CBEAST is a great option.

The FLEX family of gear-driven tools - all brawl, zero stall.

:)

Thank you guys for your feedback.

What pads would you recommend with the CBeast?

Autogeek has some kits, but I am not familiar with the Buss and Shine Uro Tec and the Uro Cell pads.

Thank you guys for your feedback.

What pads would you recommend with the CBeast?

Autogeek has some kits, but I am not familiar with the Buss and Shine Uro Tec and the Uro Cell pads.
Lake country hybrid force orange and white 6 inch pads or i know mike has in the past also recommended rupes 180mm yellow and white cp pads

Raoul, I was in a similar situation and had maintained my family cars (5 of them) with a trusty ol PC. I decided to upgrade to a Rupes LHR 15 Big Foot. I find that it is a nice combination of being larger and covers more area efficiently, but also the right size to work on curved body panels. But the best part is how smoothly it runs. The PC would give me a bit of a workout especially when polishing our Expedition, but the Rupes has much less vibration and is very well balanced in my hands. I’m very happy with this machine.

I have now delegated my old PC to a 3 inch backing plate for those hard-to-reach areas or jobs like headlight polishing. Whichever way you decide to go I’m sure you’ll enjoy stepping up.

Raoul, I was in a similar situation and had maintained my family cars (5 of them) with a trusty ol PC. I decided to upgrade to a Rupes LHR 15 Big Foot. I find that it is a nice combination of being larger and covers more area efficiently, but also the right size to work on curved body panels. But the best part is how smoothly it runs. The PC would give me a bit of a workout especially when polishing our Expedition, but the Rupes has much less vibration and is very well balanced in my hands. I’m very happy with this machine.

I have now delegated my old PC to a 3 inch backing plate for those hard-to-reach areas or jobs like headlight polishing. Whichever way you decide to go I’m sure you’ll enjoy stepping up.
Thank you.

I do not have any experience with Rupes, is there a different technique with long throws? Like using the machine weight only?

I'm very biased. Flex. You won't regret it. Even as a weekend warrior on your own cars, they are priceless and you'll be pleased.

Back