Question on McKee's 37 Graphene Deep Gloss Ceramic sealant and High Def Paint Sealant

Petescoffee

Reaction score
I saw your post on McKee's Graphene deep gloss ceramic paint sealant.

I was curious on the differences between:
McKees 37 graphene deep gloss ceramic paint sealant
and
McKee's 37 High def paint sealant MK37-650

Differences and is there better application for one or the other? Or is it a personal preference type of product thing?

Is there a difference in Care/Washing for either?
The car I am looking at using on is a new Dark Blue Ford Truck, daily driver, left out in the elements year round in California.

Also looking at using on a older Toyota truck with a new 2 stage (base and Clear) paint job. But the paint is soft.
Would either of these be ok for a soft paint or is a 3d Bead it up a better option?

Thanks,
Dave

I saw your post on McKee's Graphene deep gloss ceramic paint sealant.

I was curious on the differences between:
McKees 37 graphene deep gloss ceramic paint sealant
and
McKee's 37 High def paint sealant MK37-650

Differences and is there better application for one or the other? Or is it a personal preference type of product thing?

The main difference is, the McKees37 Graphene Sealant includes graphene as a protection ingredient and the McKees37 High-Definition Paint Sealant is more of a traditional synthetic paint sealant.

Is there a difference in Care/Washing for either?

No. No matter WHAT you put on your car, you should always wash carefully. Here's a Mike Phillips quote,

How long anything lasts on your car depends on how it's touched

The car I am looking at using on is a new Dark Blue Ford Truck, daily driver, left out in the elements year round in California.

My guess is you'll need to,
  • Wash
  • Clay
  • Polish
  • Protect

Also looking at using on a older Toyota truck with a new 2 stage (base and Clear) paint job. But the paint is soft.
Would either of these be ok for a soft paint or is a 3d Bead it up a better option?

Thanks,
Dave

Both vehicles will need the same approach. Wash, clay, polish and protect.

Next time you're by the vehicles, take a spray detailer and a clean microfiber towel and clean a portion of the hood. Then place a clean sandwich baggie on your hand and feel the paint.

Come back here and tell us what you felt. I RARELY work on a car that does NOT need to be clayed. And if a vehicle needs to be clayed, it also needs to be polished. The two products you mentioned are non-cleaning sealants. This means they should really only be used on paint that has been clayed and machine polished.

The other option would be to use a product that DOES clean as you use it, these are traditionally called, cleaner/waxes. Now days we everyone calls them AIOs or All-in-Ones. These products do 3 things in one step.
  1. Compound
  2. Polish
  3. Protect

But you really need to apply by machine, working by hand is simply ineffective.

:)

More...

Every Wednesday, at 4:00pm Eastern time, we conduct a LIVE online detailing class. This last Wednesday, I explained why detailers need to have different "packages" at different price ranges so they can match a package to a customer and their vehicle.

The package I shared for this video is

One-Step Ceramic AIO Paint Correction.

I'll post a full before and after video next time the sun is out. As I type, it's cloudy and rainy outside. Plus I have a Porsche to buff out.

-Mike

I use a simple dry erase board to convey ideas...

full

KISS - Keep it Simple Simon

Mike

Thanks for the information.
I also got some feed back from Nick at Mckees via email.
I did go ahead and use the Graphene Deep Gloss Ceramic Paint Sealant on the new truck.

I washed, clayed, polished (nice to do a new car) and applied the product. The truck has some water spots and contaminates from transport and probably the dealer washing the truck.
Graphene paint sealant went on easy and wiped off easy.
I applied the product on June 17th.
Have been washing the truck on average 1 time every other week, depending on how dirty and how much time I have. For washing I have been using the Mckees Graphene Auto Wash.
Figured it was part of the system.

So far the gloss still looks good and water beads/sheets off the truck well. I have almost 6,000 miles on the truck/sealant. The freeways bugs have been washing off easy.

First time using a Mckees product.

I have used Meguiars waxes/products the most and recently tried several others on different of my cars.
I also considered using a ceramic coating on this truck but I like to wax a car periodically, kind of relaxing. Though as I get older I don't want to do it as much. So this seemed like a good product to try. Curious if it goes 6 months as they claim.

Looking forward to checking out some of the Dr. Beasley products Mike has been demonstrating too. Between mine and my kids cars I can experiment.

On my other older Toyota truck with soft paint I have not tried the graphene product on it. I used Griots liquid poly wax for its first wax after the paint job and haven't needed to rewax it since. Not sure if there is a wax/sealant that will help protect a soft paint better.

Thanks
Dave

Back