Remove Orange Peel from BLACK Paint! - LIVE Detailing Class!

Mike Phillips

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
themikephillipsforum.com
Remove Orange Peel from BLACK Paint! - LIVE Detailing Class!

Here's a short video showing the defects in the paint and the topics to be covered.

And here's the FULL video showcasing process and results

One of the training cars for our upcoming May 3-day detailing class has arrived early and I've taken some pictures to photo-document just how BAD this fresh, custom paint job looks! See more pictures below.

full

Join Yancy and I as we demonstrate the Harbor Freight Hercules Wet/Dry Sanding Sheets showing how to remove orange peel out of custom black basecoat/clearcoat paint job.

We go live at,

1:00pm Pacific Time
3:00pm Central Time
4:00pm Eastern Time

Watch and interact on any Dr. Beasley's social media platforms.

Dr. Beasley's Facebook Page

Dr. Beasley's YouTube Channel

Dr. Beasley's Instagram Page

And remember, when you join us for the live broadcast you can interact in REAL-TIME! (can't do that after the fact).

See you there!

Check out this training car for the upcoming May class!

full

full

full

full

full

full

full

full

full

full

full

full

full

full

Here's the wet/dry sanding system from Harbor Freight we will be testing out on the hood of this 1981 Corvette

full

full

full

full

full

full

full

full

full

This class will sell out - get signed up sooner than later - you snooze - you lose...

Click here to sign-up for this class

Questions about this class? Shoot me a text or call me.

760-515-0444

Mike

Last edited:
Reactions: Mak
Awesome instructional session! (y)

BTW, my question regarding you not cross hatching with the Rotary and wool pad was not intended as a “call out” or criticism. I’m so new to this I was wondering if my cross-hatching technique was incorrect or possibly even causing some of my problems. Watching you taught me that it’s acceptable for me to not always struggle to go in perpendicular passes in the small or hard to get to areas (which I’ve been doing thus far).
thanks

Awesome instructional session! (y)

BTW, my question regarding you not cross hatching with the Rotary and wool pad was not intended as a “call out” or criticism. I’m so new to this I was wondering if my cross-hatching technique was incorrect or possibly even causing some of my problems. Watching you taught me that it’s acceptable for me to not always struggle to go in perpendicular passes in the small or hard to get to areas (which I’ve been doing thus far).
thanks

All good. For a small section like that I was moving back and forth looking to see when the sanding marks were fully removed. Yancy camera pick up everything so I was more focused on 100% defect removal as fast as I could to move on to the next step.

Mike

Reactions: Mak
***Update***

Just added the archived video below and also to the first post in this thread. (for short attention span people that can't be bothered to scroll down and look with their eyes to find more information) LOL

Mike

Back