Removing Wiper Marks Scratches from Glass Windshields

Mike Phillips

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
themikephillipsforum.com
Removing Wiper Marks Scratches from Glass Windshields

Before and after pictures - Sub-surface glass polishing - removing wiper marks scratches out of glass windshield

full

full

full

full

full

If you live in the Stuart, Florida area and have a car that has visible wiper scratches like you see in the 2004 Honda Accord in the above pictures, please contact me. I'm looking for cars with wiper marks in the windshield for a video on how to do sub-surface glass polishing.

Call or text pictures to: 760-515-0444

Thanks,

Mike

Last edited:
More,

There are 3 reasons to remove scratches out of a glass window instead of replacing the window.

1: For some cars, factory original replacement glass is not available. I recently worked on a rare Ferrari back window to remove scratches. There are no factory replacements available. The next best thing is to polish the glass.

2: Removing the glass, especially a windshield will expose rust or or extreme rust referred to as cancer in the automotive restoration world. The owner of the car understands that if cancer is discovered they cannot in good conscience simply install the new glass window without first fixing the rust/cancer issue and this will usually be a complex project that will require a lot of time and expense, plus take the car off the road for a measurable amount of time.

3: Some owners do not want to change the originality of the car and thus do not want to install non-factory or non-OEM parts onto the car even if the part is available.

Each car owner can decide which is the best option for them and their car. I just like to point this out because I always run into people that say,

Why not replace the glass?

Or

It would be cheaper to replace the glass.

If the above describes your thoughts, then the above are your answers.

Mike

***Update***

Thank you to everyone that submitted your car for our upcoming live detailing class. We have finalized the candidates and chosen my buddy's 1987 GMC Stepside Shorty

full

full

full

full

This ain't no mock-up - real world detailing. Walking the talk.

Mike

Back