Rupes DA Yellow Fine 4" and 1.5" Pads for the Flex PXE 80

Jacob Harrod AutoClean

Reaction score
Good evening ladies and gents,

I am planning on a one step production detail on a white Toyata Tundra.

The tools I'm planning on using are the FLEX PXE 80, and the FLEX BEAST.
I'm planning on using the BEAST for a majority of the work and the PXE 80 for thinner areas such as the A pillars. I'll likely use the 1.5" pads on any intricate areas.

I'm wondering how big of an area do you think I can get out of the 4" and 1.5" pads before having to switch to a new pad?

Also how do you think this combo will maintain pad rotation?

Also I am curious to see the amount of correction I can get from this combo. I'll be using the BF One Step and then topping with the PBL Diamond Surface Coating?

I decided to use the same pads for all three sizes in hopes of producing uniform results, by using the same type of pad throughout the whole process.

Good evening ladies and gents,

I am planning on a one step production detail on a white Toyata Tundra.

The tools I'm planning on using are the FLEX PXE 80, and the FLEX BEAST.
I'm planning on using the BEAST for a majority of the work and the PXE 80 for thinner areas such as the A pillars. I'll likely use the 1.5" pads on any intricate areas.

I'm wondering how big of an area do you think I can get out of the 4" and 1.5" pads before having to switch to a new pad?

Also how do you think this combo will maintain pad rotation?

Also I am curious to see the amount of correction I can get from this combo. I'll be using the BF One Step and then topping with the PBL Diamond Surface Coating?

I decided to use the same pads for all three sizes in hopes of producing uniform results, by using the same type of pad throughout the whole process.
Jacob,

On my White Tundra with
“The Beast” I use 5.5“- 6” pads. After three to four passes, with pad cleaning in between, I switch out.
Rupes Mark 2 15 with a 5 “ pad, same as above. I‘ve had some great result with the Rupes White and Yellow pads.
The Flex Kompakt with 1-3“ pads on the smaller areas. I will switch out after two-3 uses.
Some areas have XPEL film so that kinda cuts down on my area. I did see a video and tutorial on carefully correcting the film, albeit I’m a chicken.
Admittedly, I didn’t use BF One Step So not sure what to tell you. I recently used BF on a dark blue CR-V that came out really nice.

Just curious…Since BF One Step has a protectant, do you need to do a wipe down prior to applying the PBL Diamond Surface Coating?

Jacob,

On my White Tundra with
“The Beast” I use 5.5“- 6” pads. After three to four passes, with pad cleaning in between, I switch out.
Rupes Mark 2 15 with a 5 “ pad, same as above. I‘ve had some great result with the Rupes White and Yellow pads.
The Flex Kompakt with 1-3“ pads on the smaller areas. I will switch out after two-3 uses.
Some areas have XPEL film so that kinda cuts down on my area. I did see a video and tutorial on carefully correcting the film, albeit I’m a chicken.
Admittedly, I didn’t use BF One Step So not sure what to tell you. I recently used BF on a dark blue CR-V that came out really nice.

Just curious…Since BF One Step has a protectant, do you need to do a wipe down prior to applying the PBL Diamond Surface Coating?
Wow thank you so much for the detailed response! No you don't have to do any type of panel wipe after the BF One Step. Here you go, Mike wrote an article about it.

I tried it on my father in laws truck for his father's day detail, and last I checked it was still holding up. Though I'd need to confirm this for myself before saying 100 percent that it's still performing good.

If you decide to do it please let me know what you think and how long it lasts for you. I think it will hold up with the proper care.

Wow thank you so much for the detailed response! No you don't have to do any type of panel wipe after the BF One Step. Here you go, Mike wrote an article about it.

I tried it on my father in laws truck for his father's day detail, and last I checked it was still holding up. Though I'd need to confirm this for myself before saying 100 percent that it's still performing good.

If you decide to do it please let me know what you think and how long it lasts for you. I think it will hold up with the proper care.
Thanks, Jacob. I only took the 3 Day boot camp class and that’s where we used the BF and should have known…:)

Just a side note….on the Rupes machine…I have also used the Buff and Shine Euro Pads(Finisher) and have had really good results.

I tried posting some pics but keeps saying”File is too big.” So, I’ll try and resize it.

I ended up doing two coats of C Quartz Uk 3.0 and 1 layer of C Quartz Ti02 on my Tundra.

Down the road, if I do go the route you are, I will definitely let you know.

Thanks!
Steve

Jacob,

On my White Tundra with

I asked him how his coating was holding up and he said,
"Yes sir my pickup was all dusty and then it rained and the dust washed right off."

Thanks, Jacob. I only took the 3 Day boot camp class and that’s where we used the BF and should have known…:)

Just a side note….on the Rupes machine…I have also used the Buff and Shine Euro Pads(Finisher) and have had really good results.

I tried posting some pics but keeps saying”File is too big.” So, I’ll try and resize it.

I ended up doing two coats of C Quartz Uk 3.0 and 1 layer of C Quartz Ti02 on my Tundra.

Down the road, if I do go the route you are, I will definitely let you know.

Thanks!
Steve
My pleasure brother! That's awesome you got to take the 3 day boot camp!

Back