Super sticky honda paint

Marino

Reaction score
I was struggling with a honda civic 2006 model. The paint was so super sticky and soft that i tried multiple combinations of tools / pads and compounds that i had in my arsenal.

I was ready to give up after 3 straight hours of trying everything i could! I was ready to call the customere and tell him the truth. And of course with no charge. But something inside me
was telling me to keep pushing. I said to myself that there will be a method with what i have on hand. A secret combination. I have tried everything you could imagine.

I have a rotary , a rupes 15mm DA and the Beast. Miltiple compounds of rupes / koch chemie and menzerna. Pads from Chemical guys, Rupes , Megs and Lake country.

So to keep it short with a hope that this can help you in the near future in such situations and of course to hear your opinion, the combination that finally as a miracle
made a 2 step work a normal walk and not a nighmare as it seemed is..
Blue Rotary Rupes pad with Rupes Rotary Coarse compound and the 15mm DA. And for second step the yellow Rupes Rotary Pad and Rupes yellow rotary compound.

I had on hand the old rupes green and yellow pad.I also tried them. Only the yellow rupes rotary compound worked with these pads. The blue was dusting a lot.

Everything else was sticking even with one pass. Of course when i finally found the perfect combo job done like butter on bread.

I can explain this as rotary pads and compound are made to run cooler and has more oils? i suppose to work them under load. But the rotary machine was very dangerous and raised the heat so it was sticking again.
When DA got into the game with rotary pads and compounds this made the job perfect.

A small amount of pads used to get an idea.. :)

*Let me define something as i am in Europe and we dont have every compound or pad available. This worked for me with what i've got on hand. I dont advertise anything, just sharing. And i will be glad hearing others opinons and products that work on soft and very sticky paint.

20231115_160912.jpg

Last edited:
Thank you, Marino, for sharing that with us. Sorry it was so troublesome but your perserverance paid off HUGE.

Back