The 1960 Mercedes 190 SL

Is that the original mittelblau (German for medium blue) paint? Regardless, the results are stunning!

Reactions: TMQ
Great save. Did you have to do any wet sanding?

Also, is that Firebird what I think it is?:)

Great save. Did you have to do any wet sanding?

Also, is that Firebird what I think it is?:)
Yes!! In for complete build.
Dry sanded the rear part.
Took Mike's 3D class last fall and learned to dry sand. That came in just in time for me! Lol....
If you can get a chance---Mike's classes are worth attending!

Mr Tommy's Wash, Buff and Wax

Is that Firebird a T/A? If so, they only made 8 of them.

I don't have the courage to dry sand a car.

Yes!! In for complete build.
Dry sanded the rear part.
Took Mike's 3D class last fall and learned to dry sand. That came in just in time for me! Lol....
If you can get a chance---Mike's classes are worth attending!

Mr Tommy's Wash, Buff and Wax

Thanks Tommy!

I'm teaching Machine Dry Sanding next week at the 2-day Future of Detailing Roadshow Class in Oconomowoc, Wisconsin.

The following weekend I'm teaching machine dry sanding here at our new Dr. Beasley's Training Center. And then again in November. For the November class I have a 1965 Ford Fairlane. I'm working today on the sanding car for the upcoming class here on September 29th, 30th and October 1st.

Dr. Beasley's Future of Detailing 3-Day Auto & Marine Detailing Class with Mike Phillips - Class Course Description - What you get to do!

Back when you took that class of course I was showing the 3D dry sanding system. After 3D burned their bridge with me I not longer show anything 3D. I now show the Eagle Abrasives by KOVAX dry sanding system. The 3D system is a copy of the Eagle Abrasives by KOVAX system. I was told 3D asked Eagle to private label for them and when Eagle said "no", 3D went to another country and had their system copied.

In my opinion, the Eagle Abrasives by KOVAX system better plus they offer a ton of options while 3D only offers 2 grits.

Mike

Back