The BEAST Tools

jas01ta

Reaction score
Hey Mike, hope all is well! Based upon your previous tool recommendations, I bought the Supa BEAST and Porter Cable.

I saw the special edition Red BEAST and was wondering your thoughts on it. Is owning The BEAST (special edition or not) worthwhile since I already have the Supa BEAST?

The special edition looks super cool BUT for $500 it needs to make sense too.

Thanks,

Unless you're doing a lot of correction work on really hammered cars - the Supa BEAST, will get the job done.

I'm sad to say, so many of the cars I end up detailing are in such bad condition with swirls, holograms, scratches, water spots, etc., I opt for a wool pad on a rotary first but if an orbital will get the job done then I go with the BEAST. The reason why is the BEAST has more OPM and RPM than the Supa BEAST and thus I can plow through a car faster and this is important to me.

The RBI or Red BEAST Inside is just the original BEAST with a polished aluminum housing made from the aluminum engine from the Red Beast, a Willy's Race Car in Germany. Yes it does has the cool feature, but the same OPM and RPM. I have #66 I believe, given to me at Automechanika by the President of FLEX in Germany, Christian Neuner. Pics on my FB and IG pages somewhere.

But the Supa BEAST is,

Smoother
Cooler
Quieter
Lighter

So still a great tool and always faster than any brand of free spinning random orbital polisher. Like the saying goes,

Zero stall, ALL brawl!

:)

Sorry Mike, a follow up question regarding getting a job done quicker with the BEAST since it has a higher OPM than the Supa BEAST.

When doing your recommend 8 section passes, wouldn’t the BEAST and Supa BEAST have the same result at the end, thus making it equal in time spent since it’s 8 passes for each machine?

I know I’m probably overthinking this…..

Sorry Mike, a follow up question regarding getting a job done quicker with the BEAST since it has a higher OPM than the Supa BEAST.

When doing your recommend 8 section passes, wouldn’t the BEAST and Supa BEAST have the same result at the end, thus making it equal in time spent since it’s 8 passes for each machine?

I know I’m probably overthinking this…..

The original BEAST has higher OPM and higher RPM - that's 2 things.

More power means I can PRESS DOWN HARDER on the tool to engage the pad with the abrasive technology to FORCE the tool to level the paint faster. This is a topic no one ever addresses when comparing any brand of free spinning random orbital polishers with the BEAST.

I want to go as fast as I can while still maintaining pro-quality results. Thus most of the time, I use the BEAST. Last Thursday and Friday night, I used the CBEAST to polish the paint on a 2023 70th Anniversary Edition C8 HTC. The only reason I used the CBEAST and was ABLE to use the CBEAST is because the car only has 700 miles on it and thank the Detail Gods no one has swirled it out via tatty wiping towels., wash mitts or drying towels. I did use the BEAST to buff out the roof because it has holograms. The CBEAST could have done the job but I wanted to go FAST. Stay tuned for video and write-up.

Everyone has their own style for buffing out cars and I have no problem with any other person's style. My style is to go as fast as I can while keeping the rusults pro-grade.

Aha! All makes perfect sense. Thanks Mike!

I’m really enjoying my Supa BEAST but maybe I’ll add the BEAST to my arsenal too. Can never have too many tools! 😀

UPDATE: Just got a surprise birthday gift from my wife! “She likes me, she really likes me.” (Guess the quote anyone?)

One BADA$$ looking tool with a packaging presentation that only Flex can do!

Had to share the news with the group!

IMG_3277.jpeg
IMG_3278.jpegIMG_3279.jpeg

The Beast is my go to tool. Plenty of miles on mine.

These are even cooler. Enjoy!

Thanks! Definitely will! Flex tools just last. One of the main reasons I chose to go with Flex over other brands.

Back