Where Can I Find Study Materials and Resources to Study for the IDA CD Exams?

Jacob Harrod AutoClean

Reaction score
Hey Gang, I'm looking to find the best and most up to date study guides, resources, and some practice tests so I can study and prepare for the IDA CD tests. Anything anyone can provide would really help me out. Thanks so much in advance.

Hi Jacob,

There's no real official study guide for any of the IDA tests. It's assumed someone doing this type of work for any length of time should know the material and topics in the tests.

That said, I will cover all the test material in my new how-to books.

:)

Hi Jacob,

There's no real official study guide for any of the IDA tests. It's assumed someone doing this type of work for any length of time should know the material and topics in the tests.

That said, I will cover all the test material in my new how-to books.

That's nice as you have have some experience and real knowledge to pass on.Your book will help guys like me with little money and a passion for detailing to be the best we can be. Also I noticed you are allowed to have reference materials. I was thinking of making a bunch of flash cards just to memorize as best as possible the glossary of detailing terms and glossary of detailing chemicals. I read through them all today. It took me 4 hours, but I'm not the fastest reader on the planet and I got side tracked to go deeper into some terms I found interesting. Like the term polymer.

"Polymer - the simplest definition for polymer is also the most descriptive: “poly” means many and “mer” means unit. So, any chemical that consists of endlessly repeating identical chemical units is a polymer. Polymers include such (now familiar yet somewhat incomprehensible) materials as polyethylene, polyurethane, polytetrafluoroethylene, and polyisocyanate. Notice how the chemical name always starts with “poly” followed by another word. For example, polyethylene is many units of ethylene."

I learned quite a bit and also learned I have a bunch of opportunities to learn more just from my reading today. Please let me know, and I'd love to purchase your first new how too books!

I never would have guessed that. That's quite interesting!

Back when I was still with Meguiar's working at the corporate office in Irvine, California - this was something Mike Pennington always shared in his class presentations.

I like to give due credit where credit is due - this is something I learned from Mike and I always thought it was a great way to open people's minds to think. Kind of like the topic of Petroleum Distillates.

People and by this I mean the masses tend to think that all Petroleum Distillates are bad. So if they see a tire dressing and it lists on the label, contains petroleum distillates they have a knee-jerk reaction and think this product is bad for my tires. That's wrong thinking, at least if the product is from a reputable, established company. If the product is by a fly-by-night company then who knows what's in the formula.

I use petroleum distillates all the time to prevent chapped lips..

2chapstick.jpg

Back