Hello from Alaska

chilly

Reaction score
Good Morning

I was a long time member of the Autogeek forum but their technical issues have made it impossible to continue there so I decided to see what was going on over here

I hope to be able to continue to learn and even contribute

Regards

chilly

There are. Autogeek and the sister site still have movement as tpu know, but if they ever drop it's nice to see this site. Mike obviously has a crazy amount of knowledge, and his solid input on here means this site will stay. Mike has personal tie to here.
I'm still on both sites, but it is nice to see the numbers grow here too.
I always enjoy reading anybodies views and thoughts on any and every detailing product or methods. I'm never to old to learn and take from stuff. Heck, if it wasn't for Autogeek/Autopia my base would still be Meguiars and mostly shelf bought products. Mot knocking that at all, Meguiars is my 'first love' of all this. But when you drop a toe into the broader detail world it sure expands fast. I am amazed at the brands, products, tools, methods, etc. And so many great people in this world too. I like places to bring that all together, like this and the others.
Never had bookface, never will either.

There are. Autogeek and the sister site still have movement as tpu know, but if they ever drop it's nice to see this site. Mike obviously has a crazy amount of knowledge, and his solid input on here means this site will stay. Mike has personal tie to here.
I'm still on both sites, but it is nice to see the numbers grow here too.
I always enjoy reading anybodies views and thoughts on any and every detailing product or methods. I'm never to old to learn and take from stuff. Heck, if it wasn't for Autogeek/Autopia my base would still be Meguiars and mostly shelf bought products. Mot knocking that at all, Meguiars is my 'first love' of all this. But when you drop a toe into the broader detail world it sure expands fast. I am amazed at the brands, products, tools, methods, etc. And so many great people in this world too. I like places to bring that all together, like this and the others.
Never had bookface, never will either.
Yup, Mike wrote the book, literally

I am always glad to see perspectives from other groups, it always amazed me how you could get 2 totally different points of view between Autogeek and Autopia, both valid, but so different

My issue with Autogeek is I tried logging in one day, which was weird because I never log out, and I was told my password was invalid

I must have tried everything I could a dozen times and was never able to get back on

I emailed the moderators, I tried creating new accounts, etc, and not one single response ever came to my email address

I checked SPAM filters, etc. and nothing

I even created an entirely new email address and created a new account and never got the email that you confirm the account with

I finally gave up

I didn't do anything wrong or say anything bad or anything, it had to have been a technical issue but why they wouldn't respond to multiple attempts and multiple email accounts is beyond me

Oh well, onward through the fog

I was wondering what happened to you,Chilly

Good to see you again even if it's not on AGO

I wonder if that will happen to more people. Then the site just not work at all?? Hopefully most migrate over here .

I can see the site just fine and see all the content, I just can't log on using my existing user name and password, I can't create a new password or user name because even though I have tried numerous times to change them, I never get the return email that you need to verify your email, etc, and I absolutely cannot get anyone to return an email or help request to the moderator despite many, many tries

At first I thought it was because of my VPN, but I can shut that off and it makes no difference

I have tried several web browsers and that makes no difference

I just don't get it at all

I wonder if they have had no new members join due to this? Or when the last time someone was able to join??

I haven't noticed obvious new members there. It seems to me that the forum is slowly fading away

Good Morning

I was a long time member of the Autogeek forum but their technical issues have made it impossible to continue there so I decided to see what was going on over here

I hope to be able to continue to learn and even contribute

Regards

chilly
Posted this up for you on AG

Heads up for Chilly - and attn any mods​

Being on a few detail forums, Chilly joined Mike P's site and got to say hi! He has had trouble getting on here, and he was a regular member on most days.
I thought I'dd post what he said, see if mods can get him back on.

From Chill's post :
I am always glad to see perspectives from other groups, it always amazed me how you could get 2 totally different points of view between Autogeek and Autopia, both valid, but so different

My issue with Autogeek is I tried logging in one day, which was weird because I never log out, and I was told my password was invalid

I must have tried everything I could a dozen times and was never able to get back on

I emailed the moderators, I tried creating new accounts, etc, and not one single response ever came to my email address

I checked SPAM filters, etc. and nothing

I even created an entirely new email address and created a new account and never got the email that you confirm the account with

I finally gave up

I didn't do anything wrong or say anything bad or anything, it had to have been a technical issue but why they wouldn't respond to multiple attempts and multiple email accounts is beyond me

Oh well, onward through the fog

Posted this up for you on AG

Heads up for Chilly - and attn any mods​

That was very kind of you, hopefully someone will see it

I spoke to a friend of mine a short while ago that I hadn't talked to in months and mentioned what was going on

He taught college level internet tech and has stayed with the current literature despite being retired

He suggested deleting all my browsers one at a time and reinstalling them and seeing if it makes any difference

I am going to make sure all my bookmarks and stuff are backed up and give it a whirl over the weekend

That was very kind of you, hopefully someone will see it

I spoke to a friend of mine a short while ago that I hadn't talked to in months and mentioned what was going on

He taught college level internet tech and has stayed with the current literature despite being retired

He suggested deleting all my browsers one at a time and reinstalling them and seeing if it makes any difference

I am going to make sure all my bookmarks and stuff are backed up and give it a whirl over the weekend
We are all friends, gottsta look out for each other.
Opie was happy to hear about you still being well. He said he would try to swing by here so he could connect back with you.
Good folks!

We are all friends, gottsta look out for each other.
Opie was happy to hear about you still being well. He said he would try to swing by here so he could connect back with you.
Good folks!
Yes they are

hey chilly! Great to hear your still around! Thanks to silly rabbit, i now know your issues and why the little bit i hop on, i had not seen you around. Was wandering. Hope all is well! Although i hardly ever hop on this forum, ill try to now👍🏻

Back