Hello from Alaska

I tried getting access to post on the other two sites for weeks with no success. Tested the accounts but never got a follow-up email indicating I had full access to being able to actually make a post… Checked my spam folders and everything to be sure I wasn’t missing something. I did notice that it’s been over six months since anyone new had made a post in ten “introductions” forum.
Anyway, eventually found this site and realized that Mike Phillips had been the source of a vast amount of the really helpful info on that site…

Mak,

you live in the next town over from me. We‘re neighbors!

I tried getting access to post on the other two sites for weeks with no success. Tested the accounts but never got a follow-up email indicating I had full access to being able to actually make a post… Checked my spam folders and everything to be sure I wasn’t missing something. I did notice that it’s been over six months since anyone new had made a post in ten “introductions” forum.
Anyway, eventually found this site and realized that Mike Phillips had been the source of a vast amount of the really helpful info on that site…
Well if no one new can join it will eventually wither and die, which is sad

The regulars over there are aware of the problem now and how this forum is open for business so hopefully we will see some migration

I am glad you finally found a detailing home

Palm Coast. It's nice to know there are other detailing enthusiasts close by

Palm Coast. It's nice to know there are other detailing enthusiasts close by
Of all the things I do with my vehicles and restorations, “detailing” is probably the task I’m least enthused with…;):LOL::ROFLMAO: It is however a necessary evil and I like to do things myself.
Are you a detailing pro or just a hobbyist maintaining your rides?
Sorry Chilly, I should take this private and not further hijack your thread.

I’m a passionate detailing enthusiast. In the past I’ve done pro work. I can’t believe I’ve been doing this stuff for 30 years now

sorry Chilly!

Of all the things I do with my vehicles and restorations, “detailing” is probably the task I’m least enthused with…;):LOL::ROFLMAO: It is however a necessary evil and I like to do things myself.
Are you a detailing pro or just a hobbyist maintaining your rides?
Sorry Chilly, I should take this private and not further hijack your thread.

I’m a passionate detailing enthusiast. In the past I’ve done pro work. I can’t believe I’ve been doing this stuff for 30 years now

sorry Chilly!

Hey, thats one reason we are all here, chat and chew

Carry on

Reactions: Mak

Like 2 ships without rudders. LOL

I think I mentioned this previously or in a different thread, but during my time at the geek, July 2009 until July of 2021, I was the only real "forum person" at that place. Anyone else posting to the AGO forum was only doing it because it was their job, in other words, because they had to post to it. Nothing wrong with this, some people simply are not forum people. And any Moderators, after they let the non-employee moderators go after Tony George bought the forum, same kind of thing, they were only moderating because they had to, not because it's their thing. Again, nothing wrong with this, it's a preference.

But the result from this is, after I left the AGO forum, you have no one from the company driving the boat. Thus a ship without a rudder. I've heard that Tony George is now shutting down the Stuart, Florida office, the only thing left in Stuart from the original geek. This means any current employees are in limbo. I have not heard if they've been offered their same job if they'll move to Indionapolis, Indiana? Or if they can do their jobs from home?

Me? I would hate to live in Indiana, just too much to love about warm, sunny weather year around here in South Florida.

Like the cliche goes,

It is what it is...

Mike

Reactions: Mak
Like 2 ships without rudders. LOL

I think I mentioned this previously or in a different thread, but during my time at the geek, July 2009 until July of 2021, I was the only real "forum person" at that place. Anyone else posting to the AGO forum was only doing it because it was their job, in other words, because they had to post to it. Nothing wrong with this, some people simply are not forum people. And any Moderators, after they let the non-employee moderators go after Tony George bought the forum, same kind of thing, they were only moderating because they had to, not because it's their thing. Again, nothing wrong with this, it's a preference.

But the result from this is, after I left the AGO forum, you have no one from the company driving the boat. Thus a ship without a rudder. I've heard that Tony George is now shutting down the Stuart, Florida office, the only thing left in Stuart from the original geek. This means any current employees are in limbo. I have not heard if they've been offered their same job if they'll move to Indionapolis, Indiana? Or if they can do their jobs from home?

Me? I would hate to live in Indiana, just too much to love about warm, sunny weather year around here in South Florida.

Like the cliche goes,

It is what it is...

Mike
Well, if the forum moderators aren’t there because they want to be and have a true interest in the subject then it never works well IMHO. I have a lot of interests and hobbies, and love a good discussion forum. Started and ran one myself many years back. Unfortunately they are being killed off by FB and by being bought-out solely as money making ventures.
Like you say, it is what it is, and hopefully will work itself out as the technologies change and users figure out what they are missing.

Back