What are some of your other interests besides detailing?

Without a garage I'm really boring. As soon as we move from our current condo to a house with a garage I'll be building a fresh Monster Truck.

Besides that, I like to swim to stay in shape and stay flexible. Also like to lift free weights at the gym. Like the saying goes,

If you don't use it you'll lose it...

:)

I like to ride my skateboard, run, shoot, and go to BJJ Class at Raptor Jiu Jitsu. I also like to attend some MMA classes when I can.

I'm in terrible shape right now but I'm working my way back into it.

I also just got a service dog I'll be working with and training now.

The most important thing I like to do is spend time with my family.

I’m a bicycle fan, pretty much have been since I learned to ride. Had a solid 21 years of top level BMX racing until the bumps & bruises started taking that bit longer to heal.

Still ride now but mainly just as a commuter or just a family recreational outing. Love a good longboard skate session too … EDB2C302-552F-4A3A-822B-6D85F74F2686.jpeg665EB191-1403-476F-B392-58B0C508EBCA.jpeg

I’m a bicycle fan, pretty much have been since I learned to ride. Had a solid 21 years of top level BMX racing until the bumps & bruises started taking that bit longer to heal.

Still ride now but mainly just as a commuter or just a family recreational outing. Love a good longboard skate session too …

Those are some really cool skateboards!!!

My second hobby is air guns, target shooting and plinking cans full of water, cattails (the swamp plants, NOT 4-legged felines) etc.

When I am not detailing I like rollerblading, listening to old music, following Boston sports teams, sampling high end whisky and model railroading.

View attachment 46
Awh Wow! That’s super cool UncleDavy. My little man would sit there all day & admire that set up. 👊 I certainly can’t rollerblade but my lovely Wife was a South Island Roller Hockey representative. I’m liking the Whiskey idea although I’m not in a position to buy anything too ‘high end’. I like a nice Bourbon though.
I have a great client who is a serious Whiskey collector …. Blows my mind what he spends but hey he’s an Anaesthetist so isn’t short of a dollar.

Aaryn NZ. 🤙🇳🇿

Try to spend as much time as I can with my two little boys. 2 and 1/2 a year old.

I try to drive my car more than I spend time detailing it lol!

Hunting (mostly waterfowl and deer).

Shooting (mostly sporting clays, but also rifles and pistols)

Riding dirt bikes

Tinkering with espresso at home.

Probably the biggest things I look forward to, but I have too many other hobbies and interests lol.

If I am not detailing, I like rollerblading, listening to old music, following Boston sports, sampling high end whisky and model railroading.

Awh Wow! That’s super cool UncleDavy. My little man would sit there all day & admire that set up. 👊 I certainly can’t rollerblade but my lovely Wife was a South Island Roller Hockey representative. I’m liking the Whiskey idea although I’m not in a position to buy anything too ‘high end’. I like a nice Bourbon though.
I have a great client who is a serious Whiskey collector …. Blows my mind what he spends but hey he’s an Anaesthetist so isn’t short of a dollar.

Aaryn NZ. 🤙🇳🇿
You are welcome here any time Aaryn to run trains, sip whisky and work on my truck.

I'm still playing softball in the over 40 league, 2 different teams, 4 games a week
Most of the guys are in their early 40's.
The other night I hit my 10th homer of the season (300' fence).
Hanging around after the game with the guys, one of them asked how old I am. So I told them 59 years old, jaws have the floor..
"He's the oldest guy here and he's our best hitter?!?"

Without a garage I'm really boring. As soon as we move from our current condo to a house with a garage I'll be building a fresh Monster Truck.

Besides that, I like to swim to stay in shape and stay flexible. Also like to lift free weights at the gym. Like the saying goes,

If you don't use it you'll lose it...

:)
Your old Monster Truck was your label. Everyone knew you were in the garage when we saw that parked out front. It was hard to miss. 😄

I spend time with my kids mostly. We build Legos majority of the time. As they start to get a little older they are becoming interested in my RC car collection. Maybe we can build a track out back with the tractor.

I have a small tractor for the yard. "Daddy, can we dig another hole in the yard with a backhoe?". How can I resist giving a 4 and 6 year old that experience?

When they go to bed I work on cars. Im bringing back a neglected 2000 Trans Am WS6 at the moment. Mechanical repairs and detailing, car sat for 7 years. Current hurdle is a full tank of 7 year old gas and the fuel pump doesn't work. Not able to pump the gas out. Will have to drop the tank while it's full.

I’ve been very fortunate in life to have a house full of kids, all of who are either out of the house or headed in that direction soon. Instead of having a son or daughter tagging along with me on errands or adventures, I’ve got my Shepherd to keep me company. She’s fond of the beach and generally content to have her head out the window while we roll around town.

2AE24051-B73A-4F3F-8199-2D3B856041B0.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
When not working or detailing, I'm an outdoorsy person. Summers are for mountain biking, boating, fishing and camping. Winter is my off season, so I spend my time traveling, and downhill skiing.

Aaryn NZ,

My back hurts just looking at your beautiful drop bar bike. I put 1000+ miles a year on a recumbent tike.

Attachments

• ju trike.jpg
    ju trike.jpg
    55 KB · Views: 3
If I am not detailing, I like rollerblading, listening to old music, following Boston sports, sampling high end whisky and model railroading.

You are welcome here any time Aaryn to run trains, sip whisky and work on my truck.
… Sounds great to me UncleDavy. 🙂

We went into a Nationwide lockdown overnight …. I have the Whiskey but no Railroad. Plus side is that I get to spend at least the next five days at home with the young fella.

Aaryn NZ. 🙂

Aaryn NZ,

My back hurts just looking at your beautiful drop bar bike. I put 1000+ miles a year on a recumbent tike.
Nice JohnU. 👍

I have always wanted to have a spin on a recumbent & if the opportunity should arise I’d be all over it.

Aaryn NZ. 🙂

Aaryn NZ,

Best vacation I ever had was a week on the Pacific Coast Bike Trail. Still probably the most toured bike route in the country. Part of the Pan Am bike trail that runs from somewhere up in Alaska to the tip of South America. You meet people that come from all over the world to ride it.
I need to get back on it. Just 4 dogs and life have gotten in the way a little bit. But, with electric assist to counter the weight of a couple dogs per bike it may be in my future shortly. I just need to get things set up.

Back