What are some of your other interests besides detailing?

Drag racing was my biggest hobby until a few years ago, I had to give it up due to cost. i reverted back to my original love since early childhood of shooting firearms. During the 1st ammo shortage back about 10 years ago, I jumped into the world of airguns. This eventually got me in to competing in Field Target. it's a precision air rifle competition. Competing n the 2019 WFTF World Field target Championship in England was a dream come true. I got into detailing a few years ago & now I'm addicted. Right now I can't enjoy any of my hobbies while I'm recovering from a total shoulder replacement. I am jonesing to do some shooting & polishing !!

Added a picture of my race car. I sure wish I knew what I know now about caring for paint.

Attachments

• 2003-03-25 11.55.55.jpg
    2003-03-25 11.55.55.jpg
    595.5 KB · Views: 4
Last edited:
Nice! Here's picture uploaded to gallery so it can be inserted to see full size.

full

:)

1. Wrestling Alligators in the creek next door while dodging Cottonmouth’s…;)
Since moving south, I picked up some new interests that living up north does not afford…lol

Seriously….

My dogs, fishing, spending time in the Great Smoky Mountain, hockey, and Hummingbirds. It started with one feeder and has turned into a part-time job. Starting to see signs of the Fall migration…had about 20 of them at the back porch last few days. I had to put out some Emergency Feeder….8 out back and 3 out front. The back porch looks like Atlanta-Hartsfield Airport.
39C9C1B9-3CEF-4230-A17E-951728ADFDB8.jpeg50CA2731-82F4-497A-BB13-A0179701ADFD.jpeg

Photography.

In college I was into film and then digital as it came about. Back in the late 2000's I ran a studio and formed Light Speed Photography but then eventually sold the business. The premise of it was sports and event photography. You Enjoy the Moments; I'll Capture the Memories was kinda my tag. I also did a lot of Photoshop editing and restoration work. Those are areas I still do a lot of work in too. Lots of my day is behind a computer and Photoshop is always open on my system. I still enjoy shooting but now main just for fun and for my personal sites and needs.

Attachments

• 142396439.fgRKMFP0.comparison.jpg
    142396439.fgRKMFP0.comparison.jpg
    133.9 KB · Views: 5
Mis pasiones son el ciclismo de ruta, los detalles de automóviles y, en menor medida, tocar la guitarra.
Claro, si le preguntas a mi esposa cuál es mi pasión, ella te dirá que ella es lo primero ...

Saludos desde Chile

Tinkering with anything has always been my favorite pass time. And spending time with family.

But unfortunately since '09 due to my parents health, doing what I can for them has been my new norm. I only have my father now, but he's been a hand full. So my detailing days have been far and few. He has a 2005 Anniversary edition Thunderbird that has been on my list to do but it hasn't worked out yet.

Enjoy all of the things that you all have said because we all need a little Me Time. But, definitely take the time to spend with your love ones.......

Plenty of hobbies to keep me busy: fishing, biking, Astro photography, men’s beer league ice hockey ( my senior citizen hip is not happy), soccer n RC cars with the grandkids, boating (wake surfing, boarding, everything waterskiing once the ice melts on the lake),sport clay shooting. Not sure how I find time to work.

My current hobby is 1973-1987(91) trucks. I own 73-87chevytrucks.com. I have an obsession with them my wife would say. I currently own 6 of them in different states, sadly only one runs/drives. I attend a couple of Chevy Truck shows a year to meet up with friends I have online. The last 10 years most of my time is spent with my family. I had a 30x40 garage and for the past 10 years I have been stuck in a 2 car garage space. Personally I like hunting, fishing, hiking, dirt bike riding, bicycling, . Some of these are shared with my wife or daughter.

I have 3 little kids(5, 4 & 1) so the only real interest of mine right now is catching up on sleep

We just bought a small hybrid camper that we’ve used twice already. Thats going to be our biggest activity for a while. And when the kids get a little older they will be introduced to guns. I have a Henry .22 and an old .22 mag bolt gun that they will learn on, then step up to a few handguns, an AR, & a bolt gun

I like being outside doing “yard stuff” too. Mostly what this means is still trying to revive our lawn after we skipped a step re-starting our sprinklers a few years ago.

I also started enjoying a little more whisky a few years ago instead of beer. Low carb fo’ life!

What else?… I have a car torn apart in my driveway that I need to get back to running order. It’s nothing super awesome, don’t get antsy. It is kind of rare though. It’s an ‘05 Volvo S40; T5 engine, manual transmission & all-wheel drive. Not many made in that combo. I’d also like to get an awesome off-roader to complement our outdoorsy plans. If I had everything go perfectly according to plan it would be importing a Mercedes Benz G400 cdi from the Europes and eventually swapping a set of portal boxes onto it

If I'm not cleaning it, i'm making it dirty. :) My wife and I on The Tail of the Dragon. TN was cold in March, weather was in the 50's, but the ride home was memorable. The ride home was a straight shot from Deal's Gap to Detroit, only stopped for fuel, we did 700 miles in 9 hrs. It was snowing by the time we hit Ohio, but not sticking. Heated gloves and a curvy wife on the back for about 5k btus of added heat got me safely home.

Screenshot 2022-10-05 164409.jpg

Back