What are you detailing today?

Mike Phillips

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
themikephillipsforum.com
What are you detailing today?

I know I like to share what I'm working on because I'm fortunate to get to work on a lot of cool projects. I also know a lot of people don't have time or inclination to share a full write-up for their current detailing project.

This forum group is to simply share a picture or two or a video of whatever is in your driveway, garage or shop.

And as of today, May 19th, 2023 - this forum group is officially open.

-Mike

Last edited:
Simple maint wash on a '16 Toyota Tacoma. Ceramic coated 11 months ago.

Attachments

• 20230519_122925.jpg
    20230519_122925.jpg
    3.3 MB · Views: 9
Just another day at the office - washing a brand new black 2023 Corvette ZO6

full

:)

I cleaned up the engine bay on my Mum's Nissan Qashqai, that's what they call Rogue over here. I sprayed liberally with Bowden's Orange Agent, went at it with some brushes, rinsed, then blew it out with a Bigboi. Then sprayed Meguiar's Hyper Dressing on all the plastics.

Noticed that the rinse got more overspray than I expected, so I I'd wash the whole thing. Did the wheels with Bowden's Wheely Clean, then sealed them with 303 Touchless Sealant. Washed everything else with Carpro Reset, then dried with TWHS Ceramic Wet Wax. PSX_20230529_153830.jpgPSX_20230529_154324.jpgPSX_20230529_154455.jpg

Here’s a real delicate project. This is a 1970 Plymouth Superbird. The back glass window has a lot of scratches. Many are shallow, some are deep. I’ve been told there are NO OEM replacements.

The last thing a person wants to do is screw this project up. Nervous 😬.

IMG_7758.jpeg

Here’s a real delicate project. This is a 1970 Plymouth Superbird. The back glass window has a lot of scratches. Many are shallow, some are deep. I’ve been told there are NO OEM replacements.

The last thing a person wants to do is screw this project up. Nervous 😬.

View attachment 2348
Anything you would suggest for water spots on vintage glass on a 69 Pontiac . How would you go about it.

This was 5 days after applying the DIY % Year Cearmic. Hydropohics test. Didn't introduce any chemicals or soap.
Purely wanted to see the overall performance on the water behavior.

Back