This forum is now open...

Hey Mike,
I was a silent follower on AG since this past spring and learned so much from your posts (and others as well) that I had to come join here too. (Cant stop now as I love to learn)

Ah ha... a lurker turned active member. Thank you for joining.

I'm new to this level of detailing (just for myself) but I kinda envy those who do it as a business, I think it'd be a rewarding experience.
Thanks for adding me.

Agree. I like detailing cars for both profit but also because I enjoy the satisfaction of helping others get what they want - that's usually a shiny car.

:)

Hello Mike,

Thank you for letting me join this forum.

I have been following you back in AG and enjoy your posts. But I must admit, have not been polishing my vehicles for a while now.

Looking forward to more inputs from you.

Thanks for joining Raoul,

With 11 years at AG and 11 years at Meguiar's, that's a lot of question answering and article writing, not to mention all the classes I've taught over those 2 decades.

All good stuff. Loved my job at both places. Just time to move onto something new.

Congrats! Owning your content and leveraging your name recognition to create a brand. Nice move.

Glad I took a class from you September 2019.

Hi Darrell,

I'm always glad when someone takes one of my classes. I like to think I teach one of the best and most hands-on car and also boat detailing classes on planet Earth.

I hope you had fun and learned a lot

Mike- Delighted to know you’ll continue to be spreading the Mike Phillips’ word as only you can do. It would have been a huge loss for the detailing industry (as a whole) to have you discontinue sharing your amazingly generous knowledge after all these decades. I’m going to enjoy your approach to having your own forum and watch how you recreate things your own special way. You truly are an amazing asset to the online world of detailing and I’ve always enjoyed following your take on things. Kudos to taking the leap on advancing your career path to freedom and success! Best of luck in everything ahead of you!

Thank you for the kind words David.

Everyone always says to follow your passion and that's all I've really done all these years. Just detailing cars and sharing with others the craft of detailing and the art of polishing paint.

No shop yet. I do have multiple locations at my access.

Much success to you Mike and I know that this new venture will thrive through constant enhancements and improvements. I know that you are looking for a shop and I also know that you have a passion for teaching. Will your new shop also eventually serve as a training center?

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Darrell,

I'm always glad when someone takes one of my classes. I like to think I teach one of the best and most hands-on car and also boat detailing classes on planet Earth.

I hope you had fun and learned a lot

Hi Mike,

Exhausted on day 3 of the class. I am proficient with any polisher now, brand doesnt matter. Learned the finesse of a random orbit, reverse pad rotation, or get the job done faster with a forced rotation and forced oscillation tool. Before the class I struggled with polishing. Cars I thought had to be repainted before the class I have been able to correct.

Now people have seen my work and come to me for advise and guidance on correcting the paint on their own vehicles. Taking the detailing certification tests would be easy after taking the class.

Yes, I learned a lot.

Hi Mike,

Exhausted on day 3 of the class.

Ha ha... I hear you. Guess who else would be exhausted by day 3? :)

I've had push-back from people about the "style" of my classes, that is no chairs, all hands-on training. This of course is always from from people that don't actually "teach" a class.

I used to teach the "normal" style of classes, this would be people sitting in chairs, looking at the wall, (when I say looking at a wall this means looking at a power point slide), while listening to someone drone on and on and on about all the great features and benefits of some tool, pad, product or technique. I evolved passed this style. For those that prefer and teach the sitting in chairs format - there's nothing wrong with it. But I like to let the customer make the choice.

I am proficient with any polisher now, brand doesn't matter. Learned the finesse of a random orbit, reverse pad rotation, or get the job done faster with a forced rotation and forced oscillation tool. Before the class I struggled with polishing. Cars I thought had to be repainted before the class I have been able to correct.

Now people have seen my work and come to me for advise and guidance on correcting the paint on their own vehicles. Taking the detailing certification tests would be easy after taking the class.

Yes, I learned a lot.

The student has become the teacher...

Reminds me of this Ferrari I detailed and in the process taught a young man how to detail cars. Dates back to 2004.

Each one teach one....

Much success to you Mike and I know that this new venture will thrive through constant enhancements and improvements. I know that you are looking for a shop and I also know that you have a passion for teaching. Will your new shop also eventually serve as a training center?
Wondering the same thing, Mike...........

Wondering the same thing, Mike...........

Nothing to report. Except my Logitec MX 3 Master wireless mouse seems to have given up the ghost today.

:(

I've always thought that while Mike taught all of us so much, part of his gig at Meguiar's and then at Autogeek included
"riding for the brand". Like working as a cowboy at a cattle ranch you "ride for the brand".

In my career, I supported the boss in public because part of my pay was for loyalty. It was part of the gig. Part of being a professional. My boss succeeds, I succeed.

Mike is his own boss now. Happy for you Mike!

Good Luck Mike and Thanks for letting me join your Forum.
Have always learned much from you :)

Thanks for joining. 🍻

hi all, glad to be on the new forum :):giggle:

Always great to hear from you Axel! 🍻

I've always thought that while Mike taught all of us so much, part of his gig at Meguiar's and then at Autogeek included
"riding for the brand". Like working as a cowboy at a cattle ranch you "ride for the brand".

In my career, I supported the boss in public because part of my pay was for loyalty. It was part of the gig. Part of being a professional. My boss succeeds, I succeed.

Mike is his own boss now. Happy for you Mike!

Thanks for the kind words.

🍻 🍻 🍻 🍻 🍻

Good morning Mike,

Due to family situations, especially challenging when your separated by many states, I’m just finding out the news of the last few weeks.
Initially just when you thought 2020/2021 couldn’t get any worse…:oops:

Luckily, I found your website and this forum. I’m glad you changed lanes, so to speak, and still share your knowledge and experiences with us. I don’t have any social media accounts and I have left some various auto forums I had belonged to.

The Boot Camp classes were a great benefit to improving my skills, not to mention a great way to meet new people.

It’s also good to see some familiar names here too.

Looking forward to your next chapter in the Detailing world!

Steve

Hello there..!!!

Registered and ready to learn.
Mike, good luck in his new adventure, I hope his achievements multiply, and only good things come.

Greetings from Chile.

Good morning Mike,

Due to family situations, especially challenging when your separated by many states, I’m just finding out the news of the last few weeks.
Initially just when you thought 2020/2021 couldn’t get any worse…:oops:

Luckily, I found your website and this forum.

Glad you found my new forum. Thanks for joining.

I’m glad you changed lanes, so to speak, and still share your knowledge and experiences with us. I don’t have any social media accounts and I have left some various auto forums I had belonged to.

I completely understand. Luckily there's plenty of choices - something for everyone.

The Boot Camp classes were a great benefit to improving my skills, not to mention a great way to meet new people.

It’s also good to see some familiar names here too.

Looking forward to your next chapter in the Detailing world!

Steve

Thanks Steve,

I'm happy now and looking forward to the future.

Hello there..!!!

Registered and ready to learn.
Mike, good luck in his new adventure, I hope his achievements multiply, and only good things come.

Greetings from Chile.

Thank you so much, very kind of you.

Mike, glad to have found you here and even better that I had a chance to attend your boot camp in May 2021. Even this old man learned a lot of things and look forward to added my idea of detail work to the technical knowledge you have shared. I’ll spend few day looking around the site before I start posting, but I have easily spent a couple grand on tools and chemicals since that boot camp, so you might say I’m hooked,

Mike, glad to have found you here and even better that I had a chance to attend your boot camp in May 2021.
That was fun class. Lots of great people, all hands-on and no chairs.

Even this old man learned a lot of things and look forward to added my idea of detail work to the technical knowledge you have shared. I’ll spend few day looking around the site before I start posting,

Forum not to active as of yet.

Going slow now so we can go faster in the future...

but I have easily spent a couple grand on tools and chemicals since that boot camp, so you might say I’m hooked,

That's a common theme that runs through all the people that take any of my classes..

I strive to make sure that when you do "buy" you have confidence in your purchases from both the knowledge and the skills learned at the class.

Question: Are you the guy from Texas?

Last edited:
Back